Christian astrology--is there such a thing?

by sinamongurl 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

Although I consider myself to be christian, I am very much interested in astrology and the study of its affects on us. I belive it is a science, however according to some of our previous and current beliefs, this is a no-no. I was wondering if anyone else has an interest in this and how much of a conflict it really is with christianity?

Sinamon

• logansrun
    logansrun

Why do you believe it is a science?

B.

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

Its based on the planets, created by God

The planets have a certain order in order, since God is a god of order, it would make sense that it could be studied and predictions be made

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

: since God is a god of order, it would make sense that it could be studied and predictions be made

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

So my horoscope that said today,

"You will be laid, and laid right." is not true?

Damn

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

Six.......too funny.

Whatever bunk is in the Ivory Coast, I guess it isnt good. Thanks for your comment

Sin

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

notperfectyet--

depends where you live.....close to pa?

• rem
    rem

You believe that just because something is based on planets it's science? I guess it's a testament to the poor standard of science education in this country.

BTW, I'm not sure of what "order" you are speaking of in the planets. And which planets? You do know that Astrologists never knew of or even predicted the other planets that were discovered and predicted by modern science, right? You also realize that Astrology is based on the position of stars as they were centuries ago. Since the position of the stars have changed relative to our perspective on the earth, your chart is a couple of months or so off now.

This is "science"? lol

rem

• El blanko
    El blanko

Don't just listen to this host of pointless skeptics, who have no doubt never studied astrology. The tabloid end of astrology is indeed bunk.

Paracelsus could have been classed as a Christian-astrologer.

The order of Rosicrucians have an interesting view of astrology.

I am starting to believe that we are intimately linked into every aspect of the universe we inhabit and that we are each given our distinctive personality at the moment that spirit joins flesh at our birth (when we take the breath of life into our lungs?).

The planets each resonate with their own energy and who is to say that this energy does not add an individual signature to each of us at birth? A cosmic fingerprint

As long as you do not claim that astrology is a science, the skeptics will leave you alone. However, there is a degree of observation and measure employed within astrological study, so there skeptic

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

Blanko--

Do you know of any books or info on this? I would like to look into it.

My problem is, being newly df'd, causes a conscience issue with me,

since anything to do with astrology was a no-no

My quest for quenching my thrist on this topic still continues

thank u, sinamon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit