Who's rights prevail?

by Thunder Rider 30 Replies latest social current

• copsec
    copsec

Wow, if Thunder is insane than count me in as psychotic right along with him cause I agree with Thunder!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

You shouldn't. It's a stupid idea.

• copsec
    copsec

Hmm being called insane and stupid by someone who does not even know me just because I don't agree with their views or politics. Nice person!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:Hmm being called insane and stupid by someone who does not even know me just because I don't agree with their views or politics. Nice person!

You may well be stupid and insane, I couldn't say. Agreeing with that idea certainly gets you off on the right foot if that is your goal

• copsec
    copsec

Whatever. I have just made up my mind that as I am no longer responding to political threads, I shall not respond to yours either. I am sick of the mentality on this board of people attacking those who do not agree with them. I feel like I am back at the Kingdom Hall being lectured for not being the "good little JW." Have a nice life!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Sixy:
    This isn't political put down your non-fiction and step back. This is about two innocent children that they are dredging the fucking river for, a Mother told by the courts to allow visitation and a vendictave Father that flipped off the news media and refuses to tell authorities the whereabouts of the children.

I can't belive your tirade against Thunder.

Frankly, I would rather live in his world and by his values then the crap your spewing. When you can't even have compassion for this situation I wonder truly about your humanity.

I really am hurt that you spewed such crap about Thunder being insane...what the hell??????
    Comments like that will not get you invited to an Early Thanksgiving and if you keep dissing my Thunder I will come down to Texas and kick your ass:D
    Sheila

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Pardon me, but Thunder wrote in his first post:

I think this reflects on a larger problem in this country. In our pursuit of civil rights for all we have lost all sense of justice, right and wrong. Its time to re-evaluate where we are going as a society.

How exactly is that "not political"?

Thunder... we all share your outrage over this case. However, we also have sharply differing ideas on how best to deal with the situation. I think we should be able to discuss those ideas without impugning each other's "level of human kindness and compassion" (your words).

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Shiela, I'd be interested in your response to Euphemism.

This is about two innocent children that they are dredging the fucking river for, a Mother told by the courts to allow visitation and a vendictave Father that flipped off the news media and refuses to tell authorities the whereabouts of the children.

Well, I didn't get that from the original post. It was not the particular situation Thunder highlighted, but rather an advocacy to "use torture to interogate" that I keyed in on. Y'know, I could show passion for the children, the horrible situation, etc. Maybe I should. I certainly have it, though I admit, I read the paper everyday.... this stuff is common as dirt. I get teary eyed reading the paper on a regular basis. Waitress catch me and say "hey, the check isn't that bad is it?" But all my heartache and empathy in the world isn't going change whether those kids are found alive or not, and to be honest, I see the carefully crafted outrage on this discussion board for some horrible situation or another, and I can't help but wonder if the carefully crafted outrage is not really supposed to be a spotlight on the poster, not the poor kid or the dude who got his head cut off. Sure, maybe I'm too cynical, but like I said, this stuff is common as dirt. It happens all the time, every day, and it is god-awful everytime.

I'm much more interested in discussions about how to build a world where it happens less (far less), how to outsmart the bad guys, how to find the bad guys (jack up everyone who might be bad, and let god sort it out, is not acceptable btw), how to grow mentally healthy people.

Frankly, I would rather live in his world and by his values then the crap your spewing. When you can't even have compassion for this situation I wonder truly about your humanity.

I just don't believe you really would want to live in a world governed by the values Thunder is espousing. That world has existed in the past in America, and it wasn't pretty. It exist now in other parts of the world, to one extent or another. As for my compassion for the situation, I have all the compassion a human can have for it. This isn't really about that situation. That situation just is. I hate it, you hate it. It sucks. You both might be surprised at what measures I'd approve of in private to exact vengeance or remedy, if such was possible and could truly happen privately. What you won't ever hear me doing is advocating a regression into some form of state approved thuggery, just because bad people do what bad people do.

really am hurt that you spewed such crap about Thunder being insane...what the hell??????
    Comments like that will not get you invited to an Early Thanksgiving and if you keep dissing my Thunder I will come down to Texas and kick your ass:D
    I did say "on the verge" I'm trying to pull him back from the precipice here! Now don't you guys be holding out Turkey on me just cuz I'm an asshole! (plus, I don't think your legs are long enough )
  • SheilaM
    SheilaM

LOL Ok enough with the short jokes ........I notice you didn't say I couldn't kick your ass LOL

You see maybe it is "common as dirt" because we tend to be so darn sympathetic to the guilty, but yet our sypmpathies aren't with the victims. Actually I was the first in our household to suggest beating the shit out of the guy until he tells where the kids are.
    I just pray they aren't in the woods somewhere.

What I do know is that when I grew up I NEVER ever thought my parents might kill me. Now, today since we have this shit "common as dirt" children now don't even have that security, what a damn shame that is:(

Sixy.....be good or no Turkey OK.....

Euph: I think this is NOT POLITICAL. This is something that can't be solved by government it has to go back to the people.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    Euph: I think this is NOT POLITICAL. This is something that can't be solved by government it has to go back to the people.

Okay, maybe I misunderstood you, but... how are we supposed to change the way we treat criminals without involving the government?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit