The Craptacular Pain Of Jealousy

by Obviously Secret 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Heh, I try and I try and I try, but, I just can't get over my jealousy problem. When I read stories, even on this website, about people finding love and having great experiences in life I just can't help but get TERRIBLY jealous over it and start to think about it for hours.

You guys got any tips on how I can stop being so jealous? I know I center all my problems around this but I feel that if the girl I like likes me back all my problems and worries will be out. Most of them at least. But just wanting to know how can I stop being jealous?

And if ya want have you guys ever been seriously CRAZILY jealous over somebody?

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Go get some

And im sure that 99% of the people on here have been jealous at somepoint in there lives.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Whoa, sounds really serious. Please seek therapy.

DY

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

You sound heartsick to me.It won't do any good for me to say;"..this too,shall pass.." but it will !! You got your whole life ahead of you. Yes .

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Uhmmm, if i tell ya that dating sux, would ya believe me and would it help?

In all seriousness, relax, you will find someone, just go with the flow of life, and enjoy it ...

-

Blue Bubblegum girl

• Valis
    Valis

um 16 year olds should be out enjoyinh themselves instead of being jealous of the lives of others...Some of us might be jealous of you my friend! 16, has enough sense to not want to be a dubbie..You have your whole life ahead of you...As crazy151 suggests...go out and get laid, hang out w/more chicks, whatever it takes to make your own way. We can't do that for you. Consider yourself lucky and make the most of it. If you look at many of our stories here you might feel lucky, grateful, etc...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

lol I don't plan on having sex for a long while. However, heh I guess I am heartsick but I mean I've been jealous like seriously for a good... 5 years I say. Just wondering if theres a get rid of it quick s cheme about how to get rid of it.

Oh ya I've been taking therapy for forever, seriously since I could remember. Need something else these days.

• Valis
    Valis
    Just wondering if theres a get rid of it quick s cheme about how to get rid of it.

nope...just growing up and living a fulfilling life will fix that..or a full frontal labotomy...take your pick!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    You guys got any tips on how I can stop being so jealous?

I learned how to get over it. I quit placing lots of importance on women. I can survive fine without a woman. Also, if a woman is with me, and she starts talking to another guy, I just think, "She'll make her choice". If she ends up going for another guy, she made her choice. I kick her out of my life, and go for another woman. Jealousy makes you look insecure which turns women off.

At the beginning of a relationship, I made it very clear that they have one chance. If they screw it up, I move on. She'll know she has a choice, and as long as it's you, things will be fine. There's lots of women around, and they compete against each other for a good man. Once the competition is gone and you become dependant on her, she'll know that she can get away with anything, and you'll stick with her. Avoid becoming dependant on her, and things will go fine.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

OS -

IMHO, jealousy stems from one of two places. It either comes from within, or because of being without.

When I say it comes from within, it is because there are some people whose self-esteem is so low, that they do not feel worthy of love. So when they see the object of their affection merely walking past a member of the opposite sex, they feel jealous because they are absolutely SURE that the object of their affection would much prefer to be with the perfect stranger, whom the object of affection hasn't even given a second thought to. In this case, the jelousy is contrived within, and has no basis other than in the mind of the individual who is experiencing it. In my humble and loving opinion, this is unjustified jealousy (at least towards the other person) because the the object of one's affection is doing nothing wrong. Does it still feel real? Of course it does! But the only person that can control the emotion in this instance is the one who does not feed themself enough love to fend off the "green-eyed monster" and they need to make a decision as to how to rectify that without harming the relationship.

When I say it comes from being without, I mean that there are times when two people are in a relationship, yet one member continually exhibits behavior which is inconsistent with being in a relationship. For example, the person could say, "I love you more than I've ever loved anyone else in my whole life," and yet never do anything to demonstrate that they actually feel this way (which is what I call "being without"). And then to add fuel to the fire, the very next day after professing their undying love, perhaps you find them out flirting outrageously with someone else right in front of you! In this scenario, no matter how much self-esteem both parties to the relationship may have, the incongruency is the catalyst for the feelings of jealousy. And again, strictly IMHO, this is justifiable jealousy. This jealousy comes from "without". There is something wrong with the relationship as a whole, and it is normal to feel jealousy in this case. Of course, at this time, it is going to be up to the person feeling the jealousy to decide whether the relationship is worth holding onto or not, and different people are going to make different decisions on how to best handle it.

OS, as I've said to you before, the things you are going through in your life are causing you to think about these things. I am encouraging you to seek help - because you have the most unbelievable potential of darn near any young person I've come across. Please make the decision to do this, so you don't have to worry unnecessarily about things like this. You are too young to think about these things, and you have your whole life ahead of you to get yourself to the place you need to be to get past this! Please, get someone to help it along because you are worth it!

Your Friend,

growedup

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit