I'm so @#$%ing mad!!!

by Nosferatu 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Last week, I took my vehicle to Speedy because the brakes got squishy. I had to leave it with them for the entire week while they fixed my problem. They charged me $650, and I picked it up yesterday. The brakes were EXACTLY the same as when I took it in. I got on the blower and told the guy that I'm not happy, and the brakes had the exact same problem. I'm so @#$%ing mad about this. I'm getting married next Friday, and I NEED the truck by Tuesday. Today, after work, I'm taking it back, and I'm bringing my fiance with me (she knows how to effectively tear people's heads off). We can't afford to blow any more money on this.

On the plus side, we put in a bid for a really nice house yesterday!

• Mary
    Mary

If I were you, I'd tell them to fix it right this time or you'll be going to the newspapers, the Better Business Bureau and will be lodging a complaint with them to the Ministry of Consumer Affairs. Make sure you ask for their full names and right it down in front of them as rip off artists do not like to have their names broadcast.

I don't know a lot about cars, but I DO know that brakes do not cost $650.00 to fix. I'd demand half my money back.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Don't tell me that you are going back to the same place that f&&&&d you the first time? By all means let your girlfriend rip off their heads. Get some money back, if you can. But, why would you let the same wheel monkeys screw w your car, man?

S

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

What kind of car do you have? If it's a Jag or a Mercedes, I might be able to see $650 for a brake job, but I just last week paid $250 for a brake job on my Buick (and was wondering whether I couldn't have gotten a better deal by shopping a bit more). Sounds like you been had, bro...

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Actually, depending on what they did (or at least claim they did) a complete brake job could run into the high 100's. I do know NEVER take your vehicle to Just Brakes. They've been on one of those 'Dateline' type shows for being a ripoff. Then, my ex took her Explorer in because it was leaking brake fluid and they gave her an $1150 estimate. Based on what she was telling me over the phone, it sounded like the master cylinder was bad, which wouldn't have been more than a couple a hundred. I had her take it somewhere else and it turns out it was a leaky master cylinder gasket, which they replaced for $40 and she was good to go. Ask around, find a reputable MECHANIC, not a brake shop, and get another estimate. Find out what they did and didn't do, and then confront them with the facts. A good mechanic will be able to tell you if they really did the work they claimed to have done. If not, and they won't make good on it, go to the BBB (if they're a member), and file a small claims court suit.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    why would you let the same wheel monkeys screw w your car, man?

Because I'm low on time, and I'm low on money. I expect them to fix the problem free of charge next round. I already forked out enough money, and went a week without a vehicle.

What kind of car do you have?

Toyota 4runner.

I've taken my vehicle there before, and have had great service. However, they've got all new staff there now.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Nos, sorry to hear about your car troubles. Did you take it to a Toyota dealership??? We have a Toyota and LOVE it........no problems, just change the oil and go!!!

Congrats on the house offer

How's the wedding plans??? Keep us posted.

Codeblue

• rekless
    rekless

Hi, did you check your fluid reservoir, the idiots may forgotten to fill it when they bleed the brake lines. Also have your g/f pump the brakes and you look for leaks. sometime tthe lines are old they crack and squirt on to the inside of the tires never leaving a trail on the ground. good luck.

• franklin J
    franklin J

hey nos,

I know how you feel. I seem to always have brake trouble with my Volvo. the brake pads only last about a year and must be replaced. Last friday, we were having dinner outside and one of my kids looked over to the driveway and said " dad, your car is on fire".

The electrical harness had broken away and pulled an oil line onto the manifold. The car had been sitting in the driveway ( since I came home from work) for about a half hour. thats how long it took to self ignite. I grabbed the garden house and doused the flames before they did really serious irrepairable damage. And the repair bill.....about the same as yours. It was cheaper than getting a new car.

Congrats on you nuptials and I hope you get that House!!! Owning your own home is a great way to start a marriage!

keep us in the loop on that one,

regards and be well, Frank

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    did you check your fluid reservoir, the idiots may forgotten to fill it when they bleed the brake lines.

I checked it when I got home, and it was fine. As far as the brake lines cracking, that was the first thing I had fixed there about 4 years ago, and they did a damn good job. I'm not losing any fluid, and I'm guessing it's the master cylinder again. I've had lots of problems with it. I had a new one installed about 3 years ago after numerous refurbished ones died two months apart from each other.

They told me they checked the Master Cylinder, and it was fine.

I love how they did the pre-road test, and marked the brake pedal as "soft". It's funny because it still feels soft after they fixed it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit