Ever start a BS?

by PopeOfEruke 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mulan
    Mulan

Sure, lots of them, and they are loyal dubs today. Such a rich heritage we gave them.

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

I never started a BS, thiugh I inherited one form a Pioneer that returned to Bethel. It was with 3 boys, all preteens. I was, I think, a junior in high school at the time. We studied My Book of Bible Stories. Never made much progress, though it looked good on my FS reports. Soon they lost interest, as did I. However, I called on them from time-to-time. For the most part the experience was plesant.

One thing that still nags at me, is the fact that while I was out in L.A. doing my thing in between my junior and senior years of high school. The oldest was murdered at a summer party. When I got back and read about it, I never could bring myself to call on that home ever again, nor look the middle boy in the eyes, as he was a sophomore during senior year.

To this day, I still wonder if I had kept studying with them, that maybe that boy wouldn't be dead.

LABD

• gladtobefree
    gladtobefree

I started one in the field service when I was 18. The "householder" (remember that word?) was 17 with a small child. We studied for a few weeks and she moved away without a word. :) Guess that was the only way to get rid of me.

I had one other "bible study" with my best friend. She and I had both been brought up as JWs, but she was never baptized and did not want to be a JW. When I was 20 I asked her to study with me. I had been told we could not be friends if she was not a JW because she was bad association. I desperatly wanted to be her friend. She was the nicest, most kind and wonderful person I had ever met. She had been abused by her step-dad who was supposedly of the annointed and I figured that was why she did not want to be a JW. I figured God would surely understand her "emotional handicap". But if I did not study with her I would not be "allowed" to be her friend. So she agreed to study. We only had a couple of studies and she made it clear to me that it was just not her thing. She never tried to make me leave the JW's and she has always been there for me. When she had a child I offered to babysit for her just as an excuse to see her. (plus I love that kid!) I pushed her everytime I could. I tried so hard to convince her to be a JW. I made such an A** out of myself. I must of seemed SO self-righteous. But in the end, when I started to figure out something was wrong with the JW beliefs, I called her. She welcomed me with open arms. She never said I told you so. She listened to me and she helped me through being DFed. I am SO glad she did not listen to me, and ever so glad that she did not hate me for trying.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Hey Glad2Bfree

that's a nice story! What a great friend that lady turned out to be.....

Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit