Ever start a BS?

by PopeOfEruke 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Did anyone here ever start a Bible Study while out in field service? From scratch, all by themselves?

I had a couple of studies but never started one from cold. It always made me smile when Witnesses would quote how many studies they were conducting, somehow this was a measure of how good a JW they were.

Pope

(BS is a good abbreviation is it not?

• simplesally
    simplesally

Yes, I did..........in the door to door work. One got baptized. I left 6 with other JW's when I moved. Then I met 2 others and conducted studies with them.........eventually, one of them will probably get baptized and the other is a maybe. The one who will, I happened to meet in the dcoor to door work but her family was in another area and they were dubbies.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

@ simplesally.

You were GOOD!!!!

Pope

• wasasister
    wasasister
    Ever start a BS?

No, but spread plenty of it.

• blondie
    blondie

I unstarted my last student. I agreed that she should stop going to the meetings and we stopped studying the publications. We just did a verse by verse discussion. Sometimes we went to a movie and for a bike ride, went to the beach. We were so sad when she moved. She called me to let me know that she had sent the JWs on their way when they came to her door.

Blondie

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

In all the years of Aux pioneering, pioneering, bethel I never started a study of my own. Any studies I had or my regular pioneer partner had were given to us by parents who wanted thier kids to get involved with the JW's or sisters who didn't want to study with young men.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Yep, started quite a few studies. I was too honest though. I'd answer any question they'd ask about the bible AND the Org. Eventually they all quit studying. LOL. Guess I wasn't a very good indoctrinator. Ha!

Odrade

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

I actually only started one, which is why I wasn't allowed to regular pioneer, or even aux pioneer after a while, becuase I didnt' have enough Bible Studies. The org. has enough BS for everyone though. I just ddin't feel right teaching someone else something that I just did not believe myself. So I didn't really try to start any. I also cheated on my time reports every month, adding an hour here and there LOL Some months I'd turn in 20 - 30 hours and have never said a word to anyone about the Bible. LOL

• Purza
    Purza

Never. And I always felt guilty about it. Now I am glad I didn't.

Purza

• Corvin
    Corvin

The Bible studies I started were usually from incidental Witnessing at work or with neighbors, but never from a cold call.

Corvin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit