Stepford Wives JW's Wives?

by Pinned Blouse 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Pinned Blouse
    Pinned Blouse

I just got back from seeing the newest movie version of The Stepford Wives, I cannot help but see the resemblence of the lady that I studied with to get in the trufe. She the very essence of a Stepford wife and she told me what the Bible told me I should do too. She told me that I should get up before my husband in the morning to make him breakfast (he left at 4:30 a.m.) How I should wash my clothes, how often I should have sex with my husband, how not question his decisions, what I should wear, how I should discipline my kids, etc.

I soon realized that a lot of JW wives had a similiar look and ways about themselves, usuallly it was the older ones.

Anyone have a similiar experience or noticed the Stepford Wives symdrome at the halls you attended?

PB

• simplesally
    simplesally

Did you mean this kind of wife?

or this?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Oh yea, its the first thing I thought of!

Gretchen

• Pinned Blouse
    Pinned Blouse

SimpleSally,

Definitely the second picture, minus the smiles

• Mary
    Mary
    She told me that I should get up before my husband in the morning to make him breakfast (he left at 4:30 a.m.) How I should wash my clothes, how often I should have sex with my husband, how not question his decisions, what I should wear, how I should discipline my kids, etc.

Lordy, Lordy, I'm surprised she didn't tell you what time to go to the bathroom and when to shower. How long ago was this that you studied with this woman? Yep, she sounds exactly like a Stepford Wife, but at least they have the excuse that their brains were tampered with......oh wait--------

I soon realized that a lot of JW wives had a similiar look and ways about themselves, usuallly it was the older ones. Anyone have a similiar experience or noticed the Stepford Wives symdrome at the halls you attended?

None of the wives in my Hall work unless they're in such dire financial straights that there's no other way to pay the bills. And even then it's usually cleaning jobs. They all got married at 18, had some kids and went from having daddy looking after them to having hubby looking after them. They're all in competition with one another to see who's house can resemble a Martha Stewart magazine profile, who's can starve themselves to be the thinnest and who can pretend that they really don't have any financial problems. Yep, they're Stepford Wives alright, except no assembling is required---they come that way.

Stepford Wives

"...I placed 14 magazines out in Service this morning!. That's all I want out of life!!"

"...The Circuit Overseer is going to make my husband an elder! Surely this proves that Jehovah is blessing us big time!"

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow
    how often I should have sex with my husband,

So, please do tell us, how often did Sister Stepford say you should have sex with your husband? Was it... twice a week?

• rocky220
    rocky220

Ladies, correct me if I'm wrong:

1- What GENDER dominates economic powers?.......MEN.

2- What GENDER dominates government powers?.....MEN.

These Men have failed over the last 30 years or more to stabilize and maintain a socio-economic balance where it would allow women to stay at home and nurture their families, but oh no......it's no longer a choice but survival....thanks to these MEN......and let's not start with the "religious" structures all over the world, I dont mind a man being a MAN......my point is back your sh!t up! Religion has failed miserably in instilling moral values on both parts to do this, again dominated by MEN.....Stepford wives? give me a break! Men on all fronts made their bed....I say lye in it!!!!!

Rocky220 [from the dont think men are really getting over class] p.s [lol @ simple sally, i prefer the first one, believe me, daddy would definitely come home every night!]

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The advice I always heard circulating about how often to have sex was that you should always submit. "Every single time they ask, lay down sister." Well, that was one part of being a Stepford Wife I had noooo problem with.

Flyin'

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Lol Im a weird little guy. I hate dudes cause they think they have to be in charge 24/7. Always submitting always doing that crap, just to feed into some dudes model father ego. Oh and eli, It's pretty very hard to find a group of witnesses that are still in the truth on the web. Not saying your not welcome here that is. I don't mind a women submitting to a man, but if the dude never even thinks about submitting to the lady that's a whole different situation. Just crap pretty much.

WELCOME ELI!!!!!!!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I had to listen to my father and mother after I was born, or I'd get beat within an inch ofmy life. That doesn't meanI ever agreed, it only means that I had to listen. I as born and raised to be a stepford wife, but it didn't work with me cuz I had my own mind, and almost had it beat out of me.
    CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit