Comments please?

by irishayes 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• irishayes
    irishayes

I am still having an ongoing conversation with a couple of JW's on my medical message board and when I commented about the requirement of a number of hours of witnessing, this is the response I got. Is she being truthful?

"In all the years that i have been a Jehovah's Witness,never once has anyone put any pressure on me to do a required amount of time in the preaching work.Any time i spend speaking to people about the bible is spent because I want to do it' because i want to try my best to follow the example of Jesus and his early followers-Acts.5.42, Acts 20.20,I believe that Jehovah God wants me to be a part of this preaching work Mathew 24.14, "

maybe ,if you didnt read so much apostate things you would not be so confused about what jehovahs people really believe, you seem very mixed up in your understanding of what jehovahs witness believe.still i am sure you must be happy in your religion the same way that i am happy in mine .by the way our stand on abstaining from blood has always stood .

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    "In all the years that i have been a Jehovah's Witness,never once has anyone put any pressure on me to do a required amount of time in the preaching work.Any time i spend speaking to people about the bible is spent because I want to do it' because i want to try my best to follow the example of Jesus and his early followers-Acts.5.42, Acts 20.20,I believe that Jehovah God wants me to be a part of this preaching work Mathew 24.14, "

She's either kidding or has the memory of a Gnat. Tell her to try not going out from door to door for a couple of months and report back to you as to rather or not there was any "pressure." There are all kinds of folks here who will tell you all about it.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

My elder Dad,was the 'field service overseer' for several years,at the Bridgewater Massachusetts Kingdom Hall.His job was to enforce the reporting of preaching hours.among the rank and file publisher.

Jehovah's Witnesses lie a lot.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

A debate of the Watchtower's dogma, belief systems,practices.The way they treat dissidents,and each other,would be like a debate of the finer points of:Adolf Hitler's autobiography and political manifesto:mein kampf. It is a foregone conclusion,that it is total trash.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

If you are a lowly "low hour publisher" they have a special program designed just for you called "the pioneer assist program". A pioneer is assigned to work with you and help to get you out in field service more. the pioneer is to work with you and evaluate you and help to get your hours up. If you don't put your hours in the box each month the elders go a-lookin for you and hunt you down until you give an explanation. I got called after I had major surgery and had been home in bed for 3 weeks. The elder barely even inquired about my health and certainly didn't act like he cared...he said he just called to get my hours...I didn't have any hours and felt guilty about that...After all I had read stories about some witnessing to nurses and doctors from their hospital beds, but I failed on that one too--blame it on the morphene.

• jaredg
    jaredg

you are encouraged from the stage to do the best you can. however the congregation notices if you lack in hours and there can be an attitude change do to that. stupid men

• codeblue
    codeblue

This person is NOT being honest with you.

I was raised a JW and started reporting "time" when I was 10. If you wanted to be considered a "spiritual person" (how much you love Jehovah), the standard was always 10 hours a month. They figured 2 hours at week.

This number is especially enforced for those who wish to move up to being a Ministerial Servant and Elder.....

Constant Kingdom Ministry's (Used for the Service Meeting after the Ministry School) had a box where the national average was always shown. If your KH didn't meet up to the national average (sometimes 8 hours a month) a talk would be given to encourage more "time".

Codeblue

• exjdub
    exjdub
    This person is NOT being honest with you.

I was raised a JW and started reporting "time" when I was 10. If you wanted to be considered a "spiritual person".

The standard was always 10 hours a month. They figured 2 hours at week.

This number is especially enforced for those who wish to move up to being a Ministerial Servant and Elder.....

Irishayes,

What Codeblue said is absolutely correct. If you are a "low hour publisher" you are considered spiritually weak. It is true that they state from the platform to "do whatever you can do" and that "Jehovah knows your situation and only requires your best effort", however the application of that arrangement is only applied to those who are very, very sick and who are physically unable to go door to door. Anyone else is pressured to do more and the 10 hour mark is the standard to be an elder or a ministerial servant. I know because I was a ministerial servant and had to go through that garbage to be appointed (makes me sick to think of it now).

exjdub

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Is she being truthful?

No. Absolutely not.

Farkel

• mineralogist
    mineralogist
    In all the years that i have been a Jehovah's Witness,never once has anyone put any pressure on me to do a required amount of time in the preaching work.

I would say this is a correct statement. As long she puts enough in there is no pressure ... so she never felt the pressure!

It is the public view of the requirement of preaching (same on the german FAQ). Cults do have two views of "truth" an inner and an outer one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit