APOSTAPETS!!!

by ohiocowboy 57 Replies latest social family

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Yep, nice family you got there, Lehaa!!! I too would love to live somewhere where I could have all different kinds of animals, sheep, goats, deer, horses, cows, lotsa Dogs, you name it, I would love to have it. Maybe someday.....Unlikely, buttcha never know!

Guess I'll just have to wait til the New System....

• Lehaa
    Lehaa
    Guess I'll just have to wait til the New System....

God, biggest reason I wanted to get into the new system when I was a JDUB.

Before my husband and I were separated we were going to sell our house and move to tasmania. We could have afforded to buy 10 acres there and I could have had whatever pets I wanted. I've had in the past, hermit crabs, chooks, guines pids, rabbits and heaps of dogs. Have fostered Kittens from the shelter too.

Thinking about getting a sheep to keep the back lawn mowed. Live on quite a large semi suburban block.

Oh well in the meantime will just have to be satisfied with the work I do and the local refuge and get on with my dreams of being a Vet Nurse.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Wow! The vet nurse job sounds nice! You should go for it if that is what you want to do. I enjoy going to the shelters just to pet the animals, and play with them, show them that someone cares. I would hate being locked in a cage waiting, they need all the love they can get, and I am more than happy to give it! The only thing that keeps me from working in a place like that, is I easily become too attached, and could not deal with the euthanasia aspect of the job. There are so many unwanted animals. I wish I could take in every one that I see.....Animals deserve so much better. If we humans could act more like them, there would be far less problems in the world!

• Lehaa
    Lehaa
    The only thing that keeps me from working in a place like that, is I easily become too attached, and could not deal with the euthanasia aspect of the job. There are so many unwanted animals. I wish I could take in every one that I see.....Animals deserve so much better.

I know what you mean I was the same before I started volunteering there. I get attatched to them too. I view i'm there helping them get new homes, i make them all pretty and train them a bit too become more appealing to new owners. I also take my son along, who is great with animals, so they get used to kids as well.The shelter I work at is really good and keeps an animal for as long as it takes to find them a new home.

I can't afford to have any more pets so I figure that this is my way to help all the unwanted animals in the world.

I also let a lot of people know I work there and a lot ahve rung me looking for a new pet so I help them go down and find what they are after.

• bisous
    bisous

ohio, he is a bichon frise and he isn't spoiled....he rules!!!

• shotgun
    shotgun

Puter...where the hell did you get that baby picture of Gumby?

• gumby
    gumby

I've gotta talk Simon into adding a middle finger emoticon.

Gumby

• shotgun
    shotgun

If it wasn't always shoved up your nose you could use your real one!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit