Are we too hard on INDIVIDUAL JW's?

by outbutnotdown 33 Replies latest jw friends

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

I am definitely no longer a JW (11 years), and, while not opposed to the basic Christian teachings, I do not consider myself a Christian either. However, I find myself sometimes having very harsh, negative feelings towards them, even though I am very peaceful outwardly. When I feel these negative feeligs, I try to remind myself that these people are just searching for what they feel is right.

That having been said, living in a "democratic" land, the one thing that is challenging is agreeing with freedom of religion, but also protesting when it becomes offensive. Don't get me wrong..... my family shuns me completely and I do think that it is "offensive", and against the laws of nature, which makes the point even more legitimate...... : do they really know what they are doing?

The witnesses came to my door this weekend, and I let them have it. I told them that they condone child abusers (my ex mother-in-law hurt my 4 old daughter and then told her to tell the doctor that I did something to her that I won't mention here).....(sorry for the graphic info, but I think it is necessary to convey the thought.)

My question is, did I shock those witnesses at my door this weekend into realizing what is going on in their religion or did I push them further into believing that the world is so screwed up that "God" really needs to come down and save us?

I really feel that what I did for myself and my kids was right at that moment but is it more than about my family?

Brad

• Farkel
    Farkel

: My question is, did I shock those witnesses at my door this weekend into realizing what is going on in their religion or did I push them further into believing that the world is so screwed up that "God" really needs to come down and save us?

No, for they are probably braindead dubs. Reason doesn't work with the braindead. The hardest battle is fighting a group that is collectively braindead.

One must attack their religious masters, or dubs will be forever braindead. Dubs may be partially at fault, but they are not the problem. They are the victims. It is their religious masters who are at fault. THEY are the CAUSE of all dub problems. THEY are the enemy of dubs and humanists.

Farkel

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

Farkel,

I agree. The problem, though, with attacking their leaders is that they are all allowed to consider themselves as leaders. Heck, if you think about it, if you got 10 hours last month in field service and you know that brother "has four kids" only got 9 hours, then you are still a "leader", right?

When I went to brother blank (elder) about what my four year old said her nanny did, brother blank asked my ex mother-in-law what she had to say about it and my ex m-i-l said, mind your own business. And he did. She has been a regular pioneer for about 20 years......... she has also screwed the gov't that entire time by going on "disability" but of course JW's don't care about that cheating that happens.

Brad (of the "I am so glad I have FREE THOUGHT" class)

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

I hate that I'm always hearing that my family and me are braindead. They aren't braindead they just have their own agenda. THEY mostlikely didn't condone those child abuse cases, they don't even know about it, so they are hardly braindead.

Anyways, I dunno, it isn't all that good of a way to change people in ANYTHING by yelling the bad points of something cause they'll just remind themselves of the good about it and dismiss the bad like almost everybody do when they believe in something. However, everybody is hard on the group of people which they obviously don't like. So many people are hard on middle easterns these days cause we don't like alqueda, perfect example.

Calm usually always works, unless they do something personally to you then lol yell your lungs out. However it's not cool to be called braindead all the time. I'm pretty much a JW, guess im braindead =(.

• avengers
    avengers
    One must attack their religious masters, or dubs will be forever braindead. Dubs may be partially at fault, but they are not the problem. They are the victims. It is their religious masters who are at fault. THEY are the CAUSE of all dub problems. THEY are the enemy of dubs and humanists.

I agree here. I too think it's the "leaders.

I also don't think it's right to call the R & F braindead. What I think is meant by saying braindead is
    the fact that JW's are so indoctrinated they refuse to see the hypocrisy of the Watchtower.
    When I'm at my ex-wife's house or any house where JW's live, I'm strictly forbidden to
    talk about the Watchtower or anything that points in that direction; obviously inspired by the "leaders".
    How do you puncture this shield? I tried just about everything.
    I've actually seen JW's cover their ears with their hands and all the while saying "lalalalala" so as not
    to hear the "false" info about their "leaders".

Andy of the super disappointed in the "leaders" class.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    they don't even know about it, so they are hardly braindead.
  • new light
    new light

This is another one of those grey areas, IMO. Many of those who voluntarily accept the JW faith are, indeed, braindead, or at least emotionally needy, or just plain criminal looking for a cover. What about all the poor kids born into the religion, though? The effect of this brainwashing during the first few years of life is incalculable. Kids with high potential can easily be molded to use all that brain to serve the WTS.

I view the WTS's campaign much like I would a dragnet pulled through the waters of the downtrodden and misplaced people. They weren't looking to be caught, they just were, and mostly they were just being themselves.

Let's say that fish guts were used to make terrorist weapons. Would you blame terrorism on the fish that got caught, or does the blame start with the fishermen?

So, yeah, let's cut Jane Publisher some slack, assuming she is a sincere good person. Lets look at individual personalities and decide from there. I'm all for the end of the WT, all for campaigning, all for spreading the truth about this horrible religion, but let's not attack a person who is already a victim of one of the most evil belief systems ever fomented on mankind.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Obviously Secret has an excellent point here:

Anyways, I dunno, it isn't all that good of a way to change people in ANYTHING by yelling the bad points of something cause they'll just remind themselves of the good about it and dismiss the bad like almost everybody do when they believe in something

Whenever you go into an 'offensive' attack, the natural reaction for anyone is to become 'defensive', put up walls about whatever is being attacked, and everything gets ignored. Tactful reasoning is usually your best weapon.

Having said all that, sometimes it feels just plain fantastic to have a good old rant, doesn't it!!

Bull!

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

My chief criticism,of Ray Franz's;crisis of conscience and follow up,in search of Christian freedom.Is that I consider him way to kind to the bastards.JW's are malicious willful and wanton.They cannot be sugarcoated,they mean death and destruction.

"Beautiful Loser" by Bob Seger and the silver bullet band....The lyrics salute a saintly, 'beautiful loser'.Someone who is the perfect lodger and perfect guest.Unpretentious,self-effacing,doesn't put on airs.EVERYONE LIKES HIM! Wherever he goes, he gets along with everybody

I have 31 years of driving,without even one speeding ticket,Never any road rage,I never blow my horn in anger....No criminal record either.

I do hate the watchtower/Jehovah witness cult..So what conclusions can be drawn......?

Sweet meek?Jehovah's Witnesses want you dead. http://www.voccoquan.com/brightwell/jehovah.htm Remember,people usually imitate the god or demagogue that they worship.Don't they?Yet,i wonder,if even the demons, F**K each other over for a percentage,the way 'dog eat dog' Back StabberJehovah's witnesses will do to each other? Gossip

Undaunted Danny www.DannyHaszard.com takes out the trash

• Mary
    Mary
    My question is, did I shock those witnesses at my door this weekend into realizing what is going on in their religion or did I push them further into believing that the world is so screwed up that "God" really needs to come down and save us?

You've got two guesses to the right answer and the first one don't count.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit