Does anyone know why/how Ford ran ads in German Mags in 1944?

by IronGland 12 Replies latest jw friends

• IronGland
    IronGland

The text reads:

Ford.

On the roads of Europe, German Ford trucks testify to the work of German industry. The agile, reliable and easy to maintain Ford truck will be a welcome help in solving the major tasks that await our continent after the war.

Weird.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

hmmm, maybe to get a jump on the competition? Maybe the ad came out just before D-day to prepare them to notice the new 1944 models as they would soon be rolling into their communities complements of the U.S. and British armies.

you're right....weird.

• IronGland
    IronGland
    hmmm, maybe to get a jump on the competition? Maybe the ad came out just before D-day to prepare them to notice the new 1944 models as they would soon be rolling into their communities complements of the U.S. and British armies.

I dont think so. It was taken from Illustrirte Zeitung Leipzig:The Illustrated Magazine of Leipzig. All the ads look similar to American ads from the time, encouraging the home front to conserve, Ads from Focke-Wulf etc. saying how they can get back to civilian production once the war is won.Then a Ford ad. So when it says "The agile, reliable and easy to maintain Ford truck will be a welcome help in solving the major tasks that await our continent after the war. " i'm a assuming that means after a german victory. I doubt the Nazi censors would allow an ad that assumes Allied Victory.

• SuperMommy
    SuperMommy

Ford possibly lied to the Nazis to get german support????

• Gerard
    Gerard

There is no date in the cartoon.

• IronGland
    IronGland

Its not a cartoon-its an AD from 1944.

• avishai
    avishai
    Ford possibly lied to the Nazis to get german support????

No lie. Ford was a notoriuos anti-semite, wrote pamphlets about the evils of the Jews, etc., etc., Donated directly to hilter and the Nazi party. Henry Ford was a total bastard. Define Irony: Fifty years later, the uncut, no commercials TV showing of "Schindlers list?" Sponsored by the ford motor co.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Hitler got the idea for the final soulution from henry ford's "international jew" and since ford was a multinational company by then the german branch could have been put on idle after pearl habor and been selling left overs like the ford branches did in the states. Since germany was so poor b4 hitler i doubt they sold much of anything so they could have had masses of unsold trucks waiting in the wings. The truck depicted does not mean that is the one on sale most car ads say that in the fine print.

• IronGland
    IronGland

thought I would see if there were any more comments on this.

• IronGland

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit