Need Some Advice.

by Lostreality 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Odrade
    Odrade

Lost, "invest" in really good (really good) birth control, and use it every stinking time. That's the best guarantee you have for being able to afford children later. If you have them right away you will likely be financially screwed for a long, long time. School is really hard when you have little ones waking you up all hours, many people can't hack school, job and kids all at once.

Military hmm? How do you guys feel about being away from each other for boot camp, training and then wherever you are stationed. What if the gov't decides they don't need any more medics right now and wants to send you into combat? I think you are smart to be thinking about what you want, and what the alternatives are.

And like a couple other people pointed out, kids are way more expensive than just the pregnancy/birth. Those costs are a drop in the bucket compared to the hundreds every month for kid stuff. Besides, what about going out, socializing, hearing (or playing) music, seeing movies, and all the other stuff kid-less people actually can do with a little spare cash and a little time?

Keep thinkin', you're doing good...

Odrade

• dh
    dh

joining the military for health benefits is patriotic?

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

this girl just wants to control you. run

• Fleur
    Fleur
    joining the military for health benefits is patriotic?

I was just thinking the same thing, dh!

and honey, any woman who is willing to risk your life putting you in the military for HEALTH insurance is nuts. i appreciate so much what our military folks do, but if its not in your heart to join up (understandable with your JW upbringing!) then don't let anyone guilt you into it!

i don't know if i'd want a future with someone who thinks that i have to get a job that risks my life just so she can have a baby. the two don't add up. it's like trying to solve an algebra problem by chewing gum, as a wise woman once said.

i know! why don't you suggest SHE join the military if she feels so strongly about it!

crud, my quote thingy is all messed up. sorry!

good luck!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I'm as patriotic as can be, but joining the military to get into the medical career? uh, NO! Go to college, study, health care is a growing business and you can write your own ticket (and you don't have to be a doctor, either).

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

Thanks everyone. She is finally starting to see my PoV on this matter, thanks to everyone's avice on how to explain it.

She just came from a very military backround. Father is career military, brother is joining the marines. Very 'CHRISTIAN', and VERY patriotic.

"You enjoy the freedom, but dont want to fight for it huh Sam?" -Girlfriend's father.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit