Encouragement to get back to the meetings

by cyber-sista 28 Replies latest jw friends

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I keep getting these forwards from certain ones who I knew in the Org. They know I have left because I was "discouraged". They are keeping their distance by not writing to me anything personal, but keep sending these "encouraging" forwards in hopes that I'll be re-awakened, dust off the book bag and head on back to the old KH. I just got this one this morning...

Sunday I was tired, "I sure could use a charge!" I drug myself to the meeting And felt better, by and large

Tuesday I felt wimpy "Just wish I could plug in!" By the time the study was over, My face wore a grin. Thursday came and found me grumpy "I've had a stressful day!" We ate dinner and got dressed And attended anyway. Whenever it may happen Whenever I hem and haw I always come home feeling better When I go to the Kingdom Hall! I run on rechargeable batteries And this world drains them dry. But when they're recharged at the meeting I feel like I can fly! Stress may zap my energy And emotions fray and frazzle But after charging up at meetings, I feel a spark and dazzle! When I feel I can't continue And my lights are growing dim Just take me to the meeting Don't forget to plug me in! Jolt me with Jehovah's spirit Through parts and association I know I'll be filled up to the brim Plugged in to the congregation! Though alone I am a weak battery, I can be recharged And through these repeated bursts of power My "up time" is enlarged! Inspired anyone??? cybs
  • Will Power
    Will Power

Sounds like whatever good they think they get out of the meetings, it doesn't last very long.

What a roller coaster....up down up down

like constantly picking a scab

Sounds like that person is ready for some real help.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Don't forget to plug me in!

My uptime is enlarged??

I know I'll be filled up to the brim.

Wow! Those meetings really have changed. Maybe I should give it another try!!!!

Bryan

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Send them this poem in rebuttal.

I'm not interested. That's so simple. Why do you re-occur, like that rash on my dimple?

I'm not interested. I have my reasons why. You're welcome to find out, and no, they're not lies.

You have your metaphors about batteries, getting recharged and so on.

That's just the blissfull feeling you get, before you know you're conned.

Now leave me alone, I don't mean to be rude.

There are just empty promises and calories, in your spiritual food.

• franklin J
    franklin J

how nice of them....

your could reciprocate by sending them a link to this website....

I have no doubt that will stop theire "thoughtfulness" to you....

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Reply and tell them you got the solar power upgrade.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

LOL Cold red rain,

You've got it! You have truly "plugged in" to the spirit behind this poem...You have inspired me..

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Cold red rain,

That is awesome! I love it!

Andi

• Purza
    Purza

I loved that CRR. I can totally relate to the "empty calories" LOL

Purza

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Did you have to get a new keyboard after you threw up on it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit