My state must have the most JW's!

by Atilla 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Atilla
    Atilla

I was thinking about this yesterday and I was thinking that my state Pennsylvania must have one of the highest concentration of dubs either in real numbers or per capital. I'm just basing this on a hunch, no data to back it up. Also, this is where Russel did get his start, kinda scary. I'm curious if anyone does officially know what U.S. state has the highest dub count. I don't really ever remember the WT giving such figures in the year book or any other publication for that matter.

It just seems like every where I go, I run into some dub that I used to know, I think I may have to leave the state. So, if I move, maybe I could move to a state or other country for that matter that has the lowest dub count. I have heard that the Scandinavian countries are rapidly declining in numbers. Any thoughts?

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

I scared the jeepers out of some VIP's in Maine USA when i compared dubs to the neo-nazi's and the white supremacist group the kkk.As far as i know the militant supremacist groups are absent in Maine (population 1.3 million)

There are 194 JW kingdum Hells with purported 18,000 members,run for cover....

• Odrade
    Odrade

Several years ago Oregon had the highest ratio of JWs:pop in the country. It was (I believe) 1:199, sharing this dubious honor with one other state that I can't remember right now. Probably because I live in Oregon, and not that other state. LOL. Surprising huh? Not so much when you consider that the little town of Newberg, Oregon, just 20 minutes or so southwest of Portland was an entry in the Guiness Book of World Records for many years as having the highest number of Churches (any denomination) per capita.

Oregon is a RELIGIOUS state. The south ain't got nuthin' on some of these small towns around here. We even have an entire town close by that's adventist (Laurelwood) and St. Paul used to be entirely Catholic.

How's dat for a little pre-coffee morning state history? LOL.

Odrade, who's head is a repository for useless facts and figures...

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Odrade:

Oregon is a RELIGIOUS state.

Oh man! And I was just defending Oregon as a really cool, liberal place to my friend! Well, how does Portland specifically stack up?

SNG

• Odrade
    Odrade

There was an article in the paper (Oregonian) quite some time ago, and Portland definitely breaks that mold. Not that there aren't a hell of a lot of churches in our biggest city too, but there is also a significant sector that embrace alternative ways of belief...whether that be agnosticsm, new age spirituality, or athiesm. Wish I had saved the article or at least the statistics.

In my experience, Portland does seem to be pretty liberal, especially when compared to the rest of the state. In fact, when facing voters, politicians say it's a whole new ballgame going from the city to rural Oregon and vice versa. Makes sense that there would be differences, but I guess the polarization of my state, rural to city, is particularly significant.

How's that for a vague answer... I sound like a politician. bleh. haha

O

• Special K
    Special K

I dont know who has the most..

but

Texas seems to have the most ex-jws from this forum.

Yup. All the ex's live in Texas. that would be a great place to move to.

sincerely

Special K

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Whew. That's a relief. You have maintained Portland's coolness factor in my mind. :-)

SNG

• Odrade
    Odrade
    All the ex's live in Texas

ROTFL!!! dammit Texans.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Ex's in Texas? Reminds me of the old GEORGE STRAIT country song:

ALL MY EX'S LIVE IN TEXAS

Chorus:
    All my ex's live in Texas,
    And Texas is a place I'd dearly love to be.
    But all my ex's live in Texas
    And that's why I hang my hat in Tennessee.

Rosanna's down in Texarcana; wanted me to push her broom,
    And sweet Ilene's in Abilene; she forgot I hung the moon,
    And Allison in Galveston somehow lost her sanity,
    And Dimples who now lives in Temple's got the law lookin? for me.

Repeat Chorus:

I remember that old Frio river where I learned to swim.
    And it brings to mind another time where I wore my welcome thin.
    My transcendental meditation, I go there each night,
    But I always come back to myself long before daylight.

Repeat Chorus:

Some folks think I'm hidin',
    It's been rumored that I died,
    But I'm alive and well in Tennessee.

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

I would think it New York state would have the most JW total, with Brooklyn Bethel, Watchtower Farms(Wallkill) and Patterson Farms. They ship those poor fools in from all over the country and world to work there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit