We are deep into the "last days" - since 1799! (warning long)

by Tashawaa 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

Chapter 2 of the "Thy Kingdom Come" book goes into detail of how Napoleon was the fulfillment of Daniel and Revelation. His fulfillment of bible prophecy is what ushered in the "last days" of 1799.

I never knew any of these past teachings. I always wondered how other religions would "calculate" or use historic events as bible fulfillment, and here I found an alternative view in the JW beginnings.

• JCanon
    JCanon

Oh, know what? There are "days" associated with the end. It just occurred to me.

The "end" the Jews were preoccupied with was the end of the time that God would return his face toward them, which is consistent with the end of the gentile times, when the Jews would rule their land free and clear from outside interference.

The "end of the gentile times" though is directly associated with the end of the 1290 days! Daniel ends the "dashing of the holy ones pieces" at the end of 1290 days.

Daniel 12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which [was] upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that [it shall be] for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these [things] shall be finished.

This dashing to pieces the power of the holy people, the Jews, was the great tribulation that would occur to them for leaving God's covenant, then God's anger against them would be finished and ended. But that would also mean the end of the gentile times when the Jews were restored to their homeland. The "time, times and half time" is 1290 DAYS.

So the "last days" could be the 1290 days leading up to 1947 or the "end of the days" being the final years of the 1290 days.

Even so, the common idea that the "end" being referred to is the "end of the world" is understandable but not accurate. The "end of the system of things" the Jews had in mind was the state of them being in exile from their land and God, not the end of the world or even Armageddon.

JC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit