We are deep into the "last days" - since 1799! (warning long)

by Tashawaa 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

OK ? found the ?Thy Kingdom Come? book on the net ( http://www.mychris.tk/ ) and I?m having some fun reading it. FYI I?ve cut and paste a few choice passages and have included the links.

THE "Time of the End," a period of one hundred and fifteen (115) years, from A. D. 1799 to A. D. 1914, is particularly marked in the Scriptures. "The Day of His Preparation" is another name given to the same period?

And thus the present is a day of preparation (through such an overthrow) for the establishment of the universal dominion of the

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

OK ? found the ?Thy Kingdom Come? book on the net ( http://www.mychris.tk/ ) and I?m having some fun reading it. FYI I?ve cut and paste a few choice passages and have included the links.

THE "Time of the End," a period of one hundred and fifteen (115) years, from A. D. 1799 to A. D. 1914, is particularly marked in the Scriptures. "The Day of His Preparation" is another name given to the same period?

And thus the present is a day of preparation (through such an overthrow) for the establishment of the universal dominion of the

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

I'm having MAJOR posting problems!

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/kingdomcome/study2.html

http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/kingdomcome/study9.html

I give up!!!! What I had hoped to post was how Napoleon "fulfilled" bible prophecy in Daniel and Revelation and their "proof" of how the last days begun in 1799. Some of it was funny stuff, but sad at the same time. Same old bible passages used (as they do today) BUT with completely DIFFERENT meanings!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I believe the 7th Day Adventists still believe this....or some of them at least.

• JCanon
    JCanon

Interesting. I wonder if there is some specific chronology associated with the "time of the end" in that we should divide it into two days of a certain period? Is a "day" in this sense 40 years each? I wonder what chronological concept the "time of the end" just might have reference to.

Perhaps it's a reference to the "days of Noah" being 120 years? That's 3 days of 40years each, or 2 days of 60 years each. 60 has not specific consistent reference in scripture that I know of. At 40 years, the "last days" could be 80 years from 1914 to 1996, which basically is the focal point of these events.

If not, maybe "last days" or the "final part of the days" is simply a general reference to a period of time that ends in 1996. ?

Interesting. Lots of ways to look at this. Thanks for your post! I'm undecided.

JC

• Justin
    Justin

You've found an interesting site. The person responsible for these reproductions is currently an active JW and wants to reproduce the older publications so JW's won't have to visit non-JW sites. They are currently reproducing Russell's writings, similar to Bible Student sites, but I suppose eventually Rutherford's publications may be included. So there will eventually be quite an on-line library with no intention of discrediting the organization!

• Justin
    Justin

Upon looking at the site further, I note that under the "Booklets" section at least one of Rutherford's booklets has already been entered besides several booklets from the post-Rutherford era.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I'm surprised there are not more Aramaic and Greek scholars on this site that would give a better definition of the term "time of the end" than is generally conceived by the r&f Christian. Most would support the notion that it is an "end of an era" or "time of renewal" rather than what most chistians think of a literal end of the heavens and earth. That being the case, the end of an "era" could easily apply to the end of the unity of christianity and the coming of Muhammed. That certainly started a new chapter in humanities religious history, established a cohesive religion that has since surpassed christianity in membership and itself looks to and "end of time" or great and "dreadful judgement". Since Islam is now fractured and fighting within itself and without, it to has had its "end time" when is was "judged".

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit