That They Be Called Shepherds

by Farkel 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    WT philosophy: "Better that we sacrifice a sheep now and then, than for the rest of us to be effected in a manner that we find unreassuring"

They even have a (so-called) "Theocratic" word for it, so in Borgese it's called "sifting".

• Scully
    Scully

Farkel writes:

When a dub succombs to an illness, how many dubs visit and do what the shepherd did in my example above? How many elders visit and do the same thing? How many Circuit Overseers visit and do the same thing? How many publishers come and cook and clean and bring food and do whatever is possible to aid the sick one?

In my experience, the effort the congregation puts into rallying around and helping the sick among them is directly related to how high up the food chain the sick person is, or whether they are someone who is Studying? and Making Progress? in The Truth? and are still in the process of being love-bombed by the congregation. If you're just a Publisher? and your spouse (if you have one) is just a Publisher?, and especially if you're just a Sister?, you're $h!t-outta-luck, they have no effing time for you.

Love, Scully

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Lost sheep = Aaaahhhmmmust have been a goat

• Hapgood
  • Hapgood
    Hapgood

Great post, Farkel! This is defiantly a keeper. JW's are so busy trying to get people into the "front" door that they don' t have time for those going out the "back door."

I know in my case if someone would have shown a little interest in my family (we were all just Publishers) when we were going through a rough time I would still be a JW. When my daughter just stopped going to meetings not one of the "loving shepherds" asked about her. It was like she never existed, and she went to that Kingdom Hall since she was a newborn. It hurt like heck at the time, but they did me and my daughter a huge favor.

We had an Elder drop buy with an invitation to this years Memorial. He acted like he didn't even know me and proceeded to invite my hubby to the Memorial gave him an invitation, told him the time of the service, the whole bit.....and my hubby is an active Witness. He couldn't leave fast enough. I was going to invite him in for a cup of coffee :-) So much for the "Shepherds" recognizing their own sheep.

Hapgood

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Farkel, there is one thing that the WTS and shepherds have in common.

They both have an affinity for mutton stew, even if it is made from
    the flock they are caring for.

Goshawk

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    They both have an affinity for mutton stew, even if it is made from
    the flock they are caring for.

Sheppards maybe, but not elders. Elders don't bother cooking you. They eat you alive if they can.

Walter

• shamus
    shamus
    Love bombing new members is much easier than trying to reestablish rapport with an established worker after social or product failure. New workers still don't know what questions to ask. Disillusioned workers know the questions and they tend to have many questions and they often want objective answers. Management sees this as unproductive and unfun.

You know, I have not heard it put so well. The dammed assholes didn't give two shits about me leaving, and it was always a source of incredible hurt for me over the years. Not one phone call, not one visit, NOTHIN'. After how many years of faithful service???

At last someone puts it into words that I can understand.

Thank god I am away from the stupidest 'religion' in the world. Goodbye, WTBTS.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Pyramid marketing corporations such as the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation have profit as their only motive.

This explains the REAL REASON that Russell was put to rest with a pyramid shaped marker nearby. He knew he was involved in one of the first muli-level marketing companies and was proud of it. It's too bad people are still slow to AWAKE? to the real TRUTH?

• Swan
    Swan

Also, the Elders will also show up when you are sick in the hospital --- to make sure you don't take a blood transfusion!

But I do remember when some JW friends of ours contracted infectious hepatitus during the 1971 District Assembly. Shortly after their kids spent the night at our house during the infectious stage. We were so sick we could barely crawl from bed to the toilet. Several sisters descended on our house like the Queer Eye guys and brought dishes of food, cleaned the sheets, cleaned the house, and sanitized the bathroom and kitchen. They also did this for the other families in the congregation that had contracted this illness. So in all fairness, some JWs show the same concern as other church groups do.

Also in fairness, we received not one elder's visit during that time.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit