WTs new light on being anointed???

by JUSTAMOM 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JUSTAMOM
    JUSTAMOM

Greetings to all:

Just read this in the latest Wt July 1st 2001 page 11 par#14:

"IF WE LIVE ACCORDING TO GOD'S WORD, WE RECEIVE JEHOVAH'S HOLY SPIRIT."

There ya have it.

All ya need is a bible, live it and your anointed.

They NOW determine who receives holy spirit.

WOW!

Pretty controversial for folks that don't want ANYONE eating and drinking at memorial.

Soooooo then.....

why do you need the society (legal corp)

why do you need the GB

all the propaganda in the literature???????

If you live accordingly, you receive that spirit.
    Doesn't 1John 2:26-29 then say it becomes your teacher and you do not need man?

I know I know you argue. "Having the holy spirit is different from being ANOINTED with it!"

Tell me this, "How can you receive that same spirit and not be anointed with it?"
    Isn't that what the term anointing means? Being filled or receiving holy spirit?"

There is an argument for it from the WTBS. But it it hog wash.

That is just another way they deny that free gift to folks who are not even allowed in the covenant. What a heavy judgement for those leaders. Playing the role of God.

It is truly evident by their ignorance, they haven't a clue just what holy spirit is and how it works in them.

Since they aint got it! Noone can have it! (Thats their motto)

Just a thought

JUST A MOM (Kim) who is irritated at their lies and deception today...

• AGuest
    AGuest

Hello, dearest Girl-O... peace to you!

You know what's 'sad'? That there are those who are going to 'buy' their 'splanation' that you can HAVE holy spirit and not be ANOINTED with holy spirit, even though Romans 8:14 SAYS, "ALL who are led by spirit... are God's sons."

Someone posted something like "What are you grateful for..." on a thread above. Me? That by some 'miracle', I was granted the VISION to see these liars and hypocrites for what they are without another minute passing by, not another second wasted. I cannot TELL you how grateful I am for that. There are not words in THIS 'world' to describe it, I assured you.

Have a GREAT day... and don't let their lies and propaganda get you down. You KNOW who they are... and who their 'father' is. And you know... that you get 'rotten' fruit... from a 'rotten' tree. That's exactly WHY we 'eat'... from the other one.

Love to you and yours, 'Naomi' (Ruth 1:17)!

Your sister and fellow slave of Christ,

Shel

• You Know
    You Know
    Tell me this, "How can you receive that same spirit and not be anointed with it?" Isn't that what the term anointing means? Being filled or receiving holy spirit?"

"Always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth" is the Bible's apt description of the women taken in by the apostate's deceit. Of course a person can have God's spirit and not be anointed with it. Christ wasn't anointed unti he was 30 years old. Does that mean that he didn't have God's spirit all the years of his youth? Of course not. The Scriptures say that God's spirit came upon Samson, which gave him unusual strength, but he wasn't anointed as a son of God at any time.

/ You Know

• bigboi
    bigboi

You Know:

I think you are missing the point. What they are talking about is the operation of God's Holy spirit adopts all that come to him thru Christ as sons. The bible says that this is for ALL who come to him.
    For all who come to Jah thru Christ have to be led by Holy spirit. Therefore how can you say that this particular operation of the holy spirit only applies to a select few when the bible does not indicate this?

ONe....

Bigboi

"it ain't what ya do. it's how you do it" quote from the song "True Honeybunz" by Bahamadia

• ianao
    ianao

mds:

Where are you and your scapegoat arrangement when we need you? You need to show AGuest and kes152 (maybe not...) and You Know and these others just who's the boss!!!!!

• randawg
    randawg

you know
    could you please give me the definition of "accurate knowledge"?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Uh, You Know... again, it is YOU that is in error. The operative word here, stated by your dear leaders... is 'RECEIVE' holy spirit. Not 'possess it' or 'have it all along'. Pay attention, YK.

Samson WAS 'anointed'. How do I know? Because he was 'born in the manner... of a PROMISE'... and not in the manner according to the flesh. And it was God's spirit COMING UPON HIM that ratified... and 'anointed' him. DUH!

The word 'christ'... MEANS 'anointed', which means for purposes of Hebrew 'chosen', from which is derived the word 'messiah'... or 'mischaJah'... which means 'chosen (anointed) of Jah'. DUH!

Samson, was a 'christ', as were Moses, Aaron, David, Solomon, the Prophets, the Apostles, the disciples... and yours truly... in that the very fact that God's spirit CAME UPON HIM... as it did my Lord when coming up from the Jordan... indicated that HE was 'anointed'. DUH!

ALL were 'chosen'... AND RECEIVED... holy spirit. Thus, ALL were/are... are 'anointed' or 'chosen'... BY that spirit. For when you 'receive' God's spirit, you are 'anointed' by that spirit, just as David was (and which was symbolized by oil being poured on him), and my Lord (which was symbolized by a dove coming down UPON him). That is why holy spirit is CALLED, 'the OIL of exultation'. DUH!

You are such an imposter! If YOU were who you say YOU are... you would have at least known THIS. DUH!

A TRUE slave of Christ, who says that YOU... are from YOUR 'father', the Devil... for like THAT one, you, too, have not 'stood fast in the Truth'!

SJ

• Francois
    Francois

SOoooooooo True.

Anoint, btw, means "to apply oil to as a sacred rite, especially for consecration." And it also means "to choose by or as if by divine election."

It was claimed above that Jesus wasn't "anointed" until he was 30. Shit. Jesus was BORN annointed.

And my opinion is that on Pentecost, the Holy Spirit was poured out upon ALL flesh. Everyone. All does mean everyone last time I looked. And it has been poured out on everyone all the time ever since. It's not reserved for any special person or group who have appointed themselves as being something special in the sight of the God who is not a respecter of persons. Those folk who belive that fable do nothing but blow smoke up their own asses.

Francois

My $0.02

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Justamom: Yep. That is a pretty good Wt. article indeed. You may find my post about Anointing - How JWs know to be helpful too. Thanks for posting this latest thinking from the Iron Tower.

Amazing

• Amazing
    Amazing

HI Francois:

And my opinion is that on Pentecost, the Holy Spirit was poured out upon ALL flesh. Everyone. All does mean everyone last time I looked. And it has been poured out on everyone all the time ever since. It's not reserved for any special person or group who have appointed themselves as being something special in the sight of the God who is not a respecter of persons. Those folk who belive that fable do nothing but blow smoke up their own asses.

Excellent!!! I can add nothing more, as this is exactly the way I wish I could have said it in my other post. Thanks. - Amazing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit