My mom called a few minutes ago...

by Elsewhere 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate
    HOWEVER, I would not tolorate any shunning. That is my only condition...

Hey...I feel bad for you Elsewhere....The reality is that shunning is such a core belief that it is IMPOSSIBLE for any good dub to quit doing it.

I have a relative who has been shunned for 50 years now and the dubs doing the shunning are just as hard core now as they were then. I would like to think you could change them and they could accept you back...just as a son ...no religious baggage BUT..

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Puternut I don't know if this has been touched or not, but you mentioned that you didn't want anything to do with her. But as I see it, you should always leave the door open to them. You can show them that you have a bigger heart. There is other life than the borg. And you found it, perhaps they will too.

You are right... and I did leave that door open. I never out-right told her that I did not want to have anything to do with her. I actually told both my mom and dad that I would love to come and see everyone and be a part of the social and family gatherings... on the condition that there was no shunning.

When I said that I did not want to have anything to do with my family (only said it here on JWD) , I was referring to the continuing shunning... basically I will not continue to expose myself to the abuse of their shunning me. I'm not going to be a whimpering little dog begging for them to let me hop on their lap. They shooed me away... they have to call me back... and without the condition that I be a JW or follow the JW rules or subject myself to the elders.

Being a JW is THEIR religion, not mine. They can do all the JW stuff they want... but they better not deny me the same freedoms of religion and speech that they enjoy. I will not tolerate such blatant persecution.

• exjdub
    exjdub
    I told them that what they believe is their own personal decision, and their right, and I'm not going to try to change them... all I ask is the same in return. Doing this disarmed them and kept their JW persecution complex from kicking in... Instead it forced them to realize that THEY are the ones doing to persecuting.

What a great strategy Elsewhere. I can see why it disarmed them and it sure is a loving way to get your point across.

Sadly my dad tried to insist that *I* am the one who has been deceived.

So what does being decieved have to do with anything? What I mean is, lets just say for the sake of argument that you have been decieved. What now? Does that change the fact that they are choosing to shun you? It is still a choice that they are making, whether or not you have been deceived (obviously it is they who have been decieved. Just using their reasoning for argument sake). I always get aggravated when the JW's make these end of discussion statements as if the statement clarifies their actions and their position. Always passing the blame along to others. It still does not explain, nor justify, the end result which is the shunning. Damn the JW's and their idiotic reasoning.

exjdub

• Mary
    Mary

Elsewhere, it sounds like it's time for another "vacation prayer"!!!!.......

Keep your chin up buddy..........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit