When is it ok to have sex?

by Obviously Secret 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Jasmine
    Jasmine

For me, at least, sex is so much more meaningful and special when you wait for when you care deeply about the person you experience it with.

• tarzan
    tarzan

As far as age is concerned, I would say not too young, not before your 18yo.

Otherwise, when it is OK to have sex?? when you love someone, and only you will know when that is.

And not a one night stand either !

And you's both can handle a family.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I had 2 cents to add. Make sure you are safe every single time when you finally do decide it's the right time. I f you are ALWAYS prepared and have a firm resolve NEVER to slip up. You wont find yourself with any "mistakes".

Chevy of the 'no little munchkins for me cause Spencer is already too much' class :)

• Corvin
    Corvin

How about this, Obviously Secret; when you're ready and grown enough to handle the adult consequences that go along with it. When you are stable and mature enough to take responsibility for the pregancy and birth of a human life that may result from sex. If you can take responsibility for everything that sex entails and results in . . . my advice is to enjoy and do it as often as you possibly can. Your hormones are going nuts right now and it has to become a conscious decision each person makes after considering what the possible outcome will be. It is not easy saying no to sex during a time in your life when a warm shower and a bar of soap is your good friend.

My son just turned 16 and has a girl friend (18) he is really connecting with. He is really considering the prospect of sex with her and she seems to be willing as well. While his body is ready, willing and able to do the deed, I doubt very seriously that he is ready to handle the responsibility of being a dad should she get pregnant. I can't stop him from having sex, but I can sure as hell make sure he is educated about protecting himself and her. I can talk to him about alternatives to intercourse to release the beast, but the ultimate insertion is far too strong of a temptation. Reasoning and intellect have a hard time competing with that desire.

It would seem that our creator might have been insightful enough to make us in such a way that would provide that we mature mentally and emotionally before reaching sexual maturity instead of it being the other way around. Again, the decision to wait has to be based on how much you want to potentially complicate your life at this point.

Corvin

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Thing is. People say they're ready all the time. Even if you can financially handle a child and a relationship most of the time when it actually happens they don't do their responsiblities no matter how much they thought that they were ready for it. So I dunno I'm just trying to find a universal norm for when people are totally ready to have sex because alot of times even when they think they are ready they really aren't. That's why I always preach the marriage bit. Cause when you have a kid when your married it's usually a wanted kid. I mean I just find it beautiful when a kid is made when they actually wanted a kid, not just a mistake that adds on troubles. So I dunno, sex till marriage thing is very nice to hear but of course it's near immpossible these days with all the peer pressure.

16 and have a 18 year old girlfriend? The balance of luckiness in this world sure is off.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    Cause when you have a kid when your married it's usually a wanted kid. I mean I just find it beautiful when a kid is made when they actually wanted a kid, not just a mistake that adds on troubles.

Sounds liek you have a good view on this. Not too many people take this view

• Mulan
    Mulan

Definitely not when you are 16. Sex changes you and you can never go back. Just my old married lady, grandma advice.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

When you are mature enough to consider the social and emotional ramifications for both of you, responsible and respectful enough to use protection EVERY SINGLE TIME, and when you are mature enough to handle the consequences if your method of protection fails.

Methods can and do fail, even with consistent use. Not everyone with an unplanned pregnancy or std were being irresponsible.

• skittles4u
    skittles4u

Responsible enough, old enough, and in love. Before that it is best to take care of yourself.

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Thing I'm lookin for reall is. When do I know I'm ready. Cause shoot I knew JW's were the truth just a few months ago and see where I am today? So when do I actually KNOW when it's the right time. Cause I see so many mistakes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit