How can I get a WT Library CD ROM?

by alaskagirl 10 Replies latest jw friends

• alaskagirl
    alaskagirl

I have the old '97 version but I want the most current ammo, I mean info, for when I write to my brother soon. So does anyone know how I can get my hands on the most current version.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

www.ebay.com

Either that or pretend to be a Witless and ask for the WT Lib at your local congregation.

Just don't ask for an ISO of the WT lib from one of the members here. I hear that's illegal *wink*.

• skittles4u
    skittles4u

Remember to donate though

• tarzan
    tarzan

Thre Free. SO just ask a JW. Or write to the WTS. But except a visit!

• M.J.
    M.J.

I think the latest CD ROM has a warning message that only JWs can use it. At least that is what my JW wife told me, so you may have trouble getting it directly from a JW. I can see why, though. Lots of incriminating "old light".

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I think the latest CD ROM has a warning message that only JWs can use it.

They've said that for a while... that the CD is not intended for the public. So you probably won't get one from a JW that comes to your door. I recommend downloading it.

• richard
    richard

I think the latest CD ROM has a warning message that only JWs can use it. At least that is what my JW wife told me, so you may have trouble getting it directly from a JW. I can see why, though. Lots of incriminating "old light".

Previous editions also carried this warning. They don't want outsiders to have the CD since it includes KM-editions which are considered 'members only'.

• Quotes
    Quotes

From http://quotes.watchtower.ca/admin-source.htm

*** Kingdom Ministry June 1998 p.7 Announcements ***
    ? As announced in Our Kingdom Ministry of April 1998, Watchtower Library-1997 Edition on CD-ROM is now being produced in nine languages. Please keep in mind that this is not a product for public distribution, to be put in school libraries, or given to ones who merely express interest in Jehovah's Witnesses. Watchtower Library is a provision for members of the congregation and is made available only through the congregation.

*** Kingdom Ministry September 1997 p.3 Announcements ***
    ? When making literature requests, congregations should keep in mind that the Society's CD-ROM is not to be distributed indiscriminately. It is primarily for the use of publishers.

So, the only legitimate way to get a WT CD, is the following step-by-step:

(a) study with JWs
    (b) express desire to become a baptized, dedicated proclaimer of Jahoobee's Queendom
    (c) take a very brief, very public bath (go completely under the water, to wash behind the ears!)
    (d) ask for the CD, and contribute at least $50 to "help the world wide preaching effort".... not that payment is a requirement, or anything, mind you!
    (e) wait forever for the CD to be delivered to you
    (f) when delivered, donate again, because it's been so long you probably can't remember if you did already
    (g) commit a sin requiring expulsion; do so without remorse; LADIES: contact me, Quotes, for help and direction in this matter ;)
    (h) spend the rest of your life having your former friends act as if you are dead.

There it is, a simiple 8-step plan!

• Puternut
    Puternut

They make great beer coasters.. or ..frizbees

• zugzwang
    zugzwang
    (g) commit a sin requiring expulsion; do so without remorse; LADIES: contact me, Quotes, for help and direction in this matter ;) - Quotes

For those of you who do not want to go all the way to Canada to fulfill this step contact zugz here in the good old USA.

Sorry Quotes, it's called marketshare.

zugz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit