The JW Name

by Purza 14 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

LMAO@ DOUG!!!!

I sure as hell would buy a book from them if they had those hot ass pioneer sisters giving them out!

• tarzan
    tarzan

i did a search on google . I search for "charles russel adventist" and I found this site..

www.premier1.net/~raines/offshoot.html

there are many more. Try ti yourself.

I don't know why i can't "copy and paste" ?????

• jimmy lin
    jimmy lin

JW? just read ISAIAH.43:10,11- "you are my witnesses said Jehovah,and my servant whom i have chosen:that you may know and believe me,and understand that i am he:before me there was no God formed,neither shall there be after me.I,even I,am Jehovah;and besides me there wis no saviour"

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

Shouldn't JDub's be calling themselves 3rd adventists? The first advent was in the first century and according to the WTS the 2nd advent was in 1874 and then apparently the 3rd was in 1914. And if they ever acknowledge the 607/587 B.C.E. cover-up then that would put the 4th advent at around 1934. And since when the end came in 1941 Christ returned to destroy the wicked I guess that would mean that was his 5th advent. And when he came again in 1975 that would have been his 6th. And I heard a rumor he stopped by in 1984 so that would have been his 7th advent. So does that mean JDub's will now be calling themselves 7th Day Adventists? I'm confused!

zugz

• Farkel
    Farkel

jimmy lin,

: JW? just read ISAIAH.43:10,11- "you are my witnesses said Jehovah,and my servant whom i have chosen:that you may know and believe me,and understand that i am he:before me there was no God formed,neither shall there be after me.I,even I,am Jehovah;and besides me there wis no saviour"

Yeah. We all know that JW's use that verse to justify their religion's name. But there are a few sticky problems with that verse. Just WHO was Jehovah talking to when he made that statement? It was the Jews. And what kind of "witnessing" did the Jews do back then? NONE! They didn't go out witnessing about Jehovah and looking for converts. In fact they were not interested at all in making converts. They killed everyone who got in their way.

Some "witnesses", they were. And you like your religion named after THEM?

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit