TRIBUTE to a CIRCUIT OVERSEER

by Amazing 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Thanks for the update AmazingEx. I now recall Margret Pike, and forgot that she married Harry. WOW! What a pair. I did not reply earlier because I reached my post limit in 24 hours, so I had to wait until my plate emptied to post again. I have a feeling I know who you are, if my mental radar is working correctly. If I am correct, you will know what email address to use amd send me a note to cofirm my suspecions. Thanks. Amazing

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

I remember Harry Snow too, I grew up in Santa Rosa, CA. where he visited our cong, on several occasions. Also saw him at the Yuba City assembly hall several times. This was all in the early 80s.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

We had a fantastic CO too, all I remember was his name being Conrad, and served in the London/South East circuit. Used to laugh at his name, but what a great bloke he was. He used to really lift the congregation up after his visits. I'll always have warm memories of him. One time, after a meeting, I was about to slip out the back of the KH feeling a bit mixed up about my situation, and felt this hand on my shoulder from no-where. He called me back in, and talked to me in-depth, without me hardly having to say a word. He just seemed to "know". Later on that night I cried. I really did feel Jehovahs love through him .......and don't ask me to explain.

• Amazing
    Amazing

HI Vita: Yes, Santa Rosa ... check your PM ... we may know one another.

• La Capra
    La Capra

I also grew up in Sonoma County and remember him and his wife. There was one elder in our congregation who thought like Snow. The rest were a bunch of turds. That whole thing about a potential elder whose wife was not a regular publisher could have happened in our congregation. PO's son's (elder also) wife never came to meetings but went out in service, so he was "off the hook" but woe to the hard-working guy whose wife just couldn't confront her shyness enough to bother people in their own homes and tell them they were doomed to destruction if they didn't listen to her. Snow came along and the congregation had a new elder. I remember that. While others rejoiced, it made me sad, because this new elder would turn out to be one of the turds. Shoshana

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi La Capra: You and I may know one another ... also Vitameat is from there too. Check your PMs. - Jim Whitney

• Makena1
    Makena1

Jim, really enjoyed how you described this very unique CO. Sadly, there are/were too few with those kind of qualities.

Warm regards,

Mak

• Badger
    Badger

Most CO's today get there through politics and a promise to "lay down the law," and have little inclination to shepherd. If there were more Br. Snows in the Org at all levels, I'll bet a lot of posters here would be/still be in.

• gumby
    gumby

Oh my God!

Jim....Harry is my uncle! I got shivers reading this.

Harry's wife name was Mary and she had a stroke and eventually died. He remarried, then Harry passed away. We called him "bub". Do you also know all his sisters? Marylee, Maidee, Louise, Dorthy, Coreen? My mom had 7 siblings and Harry was the oldest. He WAS a great man but I NEVER knew he believed as you said. I mostly saw him as a young child and saw him only a few times in my older married years. Please PM me for a phone#....I wanna talk.

My cousin David Pashai, lives also in the area and was a bethelite for many years and now serves as a pioneer.

I have pics of Harry

Gumby

(edited to add I didn'y know this thread was over two years old and I feel like an ass!)

• Amazing
    Amazing

HI Gumby,

I got your PM, and replied, but my reply did not show on my "Send" screen. So, if you get this reply, call me at work at 847-952-0909. I live near Chicago, so I am in the Central Time Zone. I got your number and will try to call you at the time you recommended. If we don't link up, we can try again Monday. Thanks. - Jim Whitney

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit