Do Your Witness Relatives Want You To Be Happy?

by Englishman 25 Replies latest jw friends

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

desi:

They sure do.....their type of happy...

I agree with you 100% there. IMO, I think it's fair to say that ALL our families truly want us to be happy, but when still under control of the JW cult (getting to like that word!), their perception of happiness is somewhat 'skewed'.

If you call unquestioning acceptance of control of my life, thoughts and feelings 'happiness', than quite honestly I'd prefer to be *miserable*...

.... at least then I wouldn't feel alone "Misery loves company"

Bull!

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

LOVE BOMBING Bomb

HOW DO CULTS SEDUCE THEIR PREY ?

"" ......A tactic used most often is the "LOVE BOMBING"...They swarm over you in a sort of ,"COCOONMENT".

All of a sudden,,you have,,INSTANT FAMILY,,INSTANT PURPOSE,,INSTANT COMMUNITY,,INSTANT FRIENDS.....And you don't have to look inside yourself for answers anymore,,.. because cult leaders, or their designated high disciples,,dispense all your spiritual needs..

....A mass delusion,,mass hysteria,,operating under the illusion of a master plan...In military jargon this is known as ,"Cluster F**k"...

Beware of Love Bombing.... Leonard Brenner Love-bombing is characteristic of most cults. Prospects, recruits and members are drowned in a sea of love and caring. Recently in an evangelical church I heard the pastor describe his visit to two cultic groups in which he praised their love-bombing and urged that his church adopt the same loving attitude towards visitors and members.

Should the evangelical church practice love-bombing? Is this what Christ meant when he said, "By this will all men know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another," (John 13:35)? I've heard cult members say, "Of course we practice love-bombing: Who'd want to be in a group or church that practiced hate-bombing?" This attitude highlights a common misconception. >>>Hate-bombing is not the opposite of love-bombing.<<< The opposite of love-bombing is unconditional love. Love-bombing is highly conditional. The cults will love you to death while you represent a prospective convert to their group.

As a member a tight family love will surround you as you faithfully promote their cause. However, when it is clear that a prospect will not join the group or a member voices doubts, create waves, or leaves the group, all love ceases. Indeed scorn is immediately heaped on these individuals and remaining members are told not to have any contact with them. All time, effort and love-bombing is then directed towards new prospects and the faithful members. Is this the love evangelical churches should practice? Unconditional love is what God practiced when he sent his Son to die for us..... I Love You Mug 2

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

danny:

The opposite of love-bombing is unconditional love. Love-bombing is highly conditional.

Absolutely 100%, bang on centre, hit the nail on the head, spot on! It's all very overwhelming when you are a prospective CONNEDvert, but once you're in - you're no longer the centre of interest! Agape love indeed........

Bull!

• Triple A
    Triple A

The opposite of love-bombing is unconditional love. Love-bombing is highly conditional.

It is gems like this that keep me coming back.

• Deleted
    Deleted

None of our family are Borg, so they are happy we are out as we are.

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

I only skimmed some of the reply posts...still trying to gain patience in my life but I refuse to ask God for it. He'll make me work for it.

Anyhow, we all land on our feet eventually. Even those of us who may be currently having a really hard time dealing with the loss of parents, friends, siblings, and just life. Life that we've known. It is a loss and we all go through a mourning process. Sometimes I think that I have healed remarkably well, and fast. Then something will happen and the emotion of it all will try to come back. I've been saved for 8 months now, and it is easier now. Last night God spoke to a friend, that I am very special to Him and He just wants to embrace me. And we all are special to God. I've gone from being very bitter and angry at the JWs for how much I suffered because of them to now, just being saddened by how blind they are, by how heavy their chains are. I intercede often for them, to just be freed from the bondages that these men have placed them in.

My family want me to continue to suffer. But I am so happy, not that I'm always smiling and laughing ( only most of the time), but I am truely happy.

I had heard from the Lord at the beginning of the year, that I needed to get in touch with my mom. That even though I was not at fault for the break in our relationship, one of us had to make the first step. One of us had to make ourself available for healing and restoration. So I sent her a card to thank her for my piano lessons (I now play in church). I sent her photos and updates of my kids that she hasn't even seen in almost 3 years (my ds is 5 and my dd is 4). I recieved a letter back from her, which suprised me. She admitted to being the one who called social services last summer. She says, "In the Bible, God's spirit inspired word, you will be accountable to Jehovah the true God for not only yourselves and those you speak with but also and very importantly your children. You know this. Therefore this I gratefully leave in Jehovah's hands." That was because I had mentioned that we were very happy in our church. She claims that I am using my children as weapons against them, etc, because I left the borg. Puuuuuleeezzzzz! Gimme a break! Then she makes a snotty comment about praying "(or whatever it is you do)" she says.

Yes, my family wants me to be absolutely miserable without the WTS. And it's killing them that I am so just.....purely happy without them. And when she sends me these letters like this, now instead of being angry or hurt, I ache because of how blinded she is, how bound she is to such religious dictatorship. I want for my family to have the same freedome and the same happiness that I have found. So, am I unhappy? Not at all. But my heart does go out to the rank and file who are still being blinded and seduced by Satan inside that organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit