Do Your Witness Relatives Want You To Be Happy?

by Englishman 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Or do they want the world to fall in around your ears so that you might "Turn back to Jehovah"?

Do they think that if you had less happiness in life you would be driven back?

My Mum once exclaimed very bitterly that I had "landed on my feet" too many times and that I would probably have been back at the KH if things hadn't gone so well in my life.

Englishman.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

My mom would like to see me go back to the KH but isn't pressuring me. She also knows that most of my problems in life were directly related to the fact that I was a JW. Since I left there have been few problems other than the disintigration of my marriage to a JW.

Walter

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    Do Your Witness Relatives Want You To Be Happy?

Absolutely! They want me to live forever on a paradise earth where I can be deliriously happy.

• Mulan
    Mulan

My mother is confused that Dave and I and our kids are all so happy and doing well, without the JW's. She wants us to be happy though.

My Dad's sister usually says something to me when I talk to her on the phone (she lives in another State). She is 81 now and so sad that we aren't "in the truth", and always says "how are you.............really, how are you?" I sometimes think she hopes we are poverty stricken or deathly ill. She's just a victim too.

• Emma
    Emma
    want the world to fall in around your ears so that you might "Turn back to Jehovah

I think they all would like the above to happen. I do think, though, that my mother wouldn't wish me endless suffering, but my sibs would. They think all worldly people deserve to suffer. After all, there's no hell so why not have me suffer now. It's kind of a scary, sad thought.

When refuting the hell fire doctrine, they use the rabid dog illustration; "if we had a rabid dog we wouldn't stand and throw rocks at it, we'd put it to sleep. If we're so compationate, why would god send people to suffer endlessly in hell." I think it's ironic that they get satisfaction at seeing people suffer now.

• dh
    dh

yes, i know that's probably the only real want my mom has in this world, that my brother and i are happy, she wouldn't even hint that we would be happy in 'the truth' because we've gone way too far from that. i often feel a failure in front of my mom because i am not a very happy person, but to me the more i mess up and the more mistakes i make, the more i know i am experiencing real things, not those dictated by others, and i get some good feeling from that, and i think my mom does too.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Do they WHAAAAAT??????

You've gotta be joking! You're not s'posed to be happy. Why, you've deserted the family! You've left Jehovah. How on earth could you be happy?

Get the drift?

Ozzie

• catlady
    catlady

That's what I get so angry about with my partner's family. They really want him to suffer until he sees the 'Truth'. His absolute bitch of a sister yelled at him (in my presence), 'you'll never be happy if you're not a Witness, I know you, you'll be miserable until the day you die' and she sounded like she wanted that to happen!

The rest of the family just refuse to talk to him at all - didn't even bother to make contact before he was DF'd when they knew it was going to happen. (Even though 3 weeks previous he'd been in a coma from a suicide attempt because of the Borg.)

It makes me so angry, especially when the dubs call themselves 'christian' but behave in such unchristian like ways. So different from my totally non-religious family where there is always 100% support from them so matter how many times you f*** up!

• Xena
    Xena

I'm pretty sure it drives my sisters insane that I am happy....and that makes me even MORE happy. Nice how that works out, huh?

• talesin
    talesin

catlady

another who understands. I enjoyed your comments.

Well, they have watched my world fall around my ears, and I turned to them and said, "this is because of Jehovah". No comment.

Now they see that I have experienced some bliss and fulfillment for the first time, and it was long after I left the bOrg. I think my parents would like to see me happy. As for the rest, they don't talk to me, so who knows? who cares?

: D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit