Ronald Reagan - Too good for the toadies of the international community

by Richie 36 Replies latest social current

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    of course it was the stupidity of the communistic leadership that ruined the soviet union. had they not senselessly joined the arms race would their economy not have collapsed. if i remember it correctly the soviets spent 60% of their budget on defense. IDIOTS!

The idiotic "planned" economy of Communism doesn't work either...IDIOTS! Communism is a failure.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    can someone explain to me why the soviets were so stupid to join the arms race? for crying out loud one would assume that the first 1000 nukes would have been enough...why build another 9000 thereby ruining your economy.

not reagan but the stupidity and incompetence of these people brought the soviet union to a fall.

Reagan increased defense spending, which forced the Russians to try to keep up. Once they realised they could never keep up, they started thinking about an end to the Cold War.

• Realist
    Realist

funky,

there was no need for russians to keep up the arms race. what was the threat? once you have the capability to eliminate the top 1000 cities of the enemy there is no need for further weapons.

talesin,

what did you figure out? that i dislike most of US politics and many US viewpoints? not exactly a secret!

yeru,

at least the way the system was managed in the soviet union and the other communist countries failed. with the mindset of contempory humans (where consumption and possession is the primary purpose of life) it seems likely that communism cannot work at all. but it is not entirely impossible to create a society where it would work. it did so at several occations in the distant past.

• talesin
    talesin

Realist

No, much more than that. I speak of your defence of the Nazi regime, and your shit-disturbing on a particular thread. (you know what I mean)

WHAT-ever!

I wish you well, my friend. Argue to your heart's content!

talesin

• Realist
    Realist

talesin,

I speak of your defence of the Nazi regime,

you forgot i also defended hussein and the taliban! and if someone would claim that bush personally raped and murdered innocent people than i would dare to defend him as well. its a matter of sticking to facts instead of making stuff up. thats all.

and your shit-disturbing on a particular thread. (you know what I mean)

are you talking about princess and her SUV comments? sorry i don't see a reason why i should be particularly sweet to people who gives a shit about the ecosystem on which we all depend.

• talesin
    talesin

NO. I was NOT talking about Princess and her thread, but the OTHER one where you put a comment in, and I told you it had NOTHING to do with thread. But you replied, with a wink. Oh yes, maybe YOU need to look in the mirror and figure out why you love contention so much.

You are not dealing with a newly-exited witness here. KAY? I have no need to prove anything and do not enjoy people 'stirring the pot'. BUSTED

That being said, I wish you well, and am done with it.

• Realist
    Realist

talesin,

i found the thread. and i see what you mean.

nevertheless, if i see something that is silly imo than i reply to it. in this particular case it might have been misplaced.

just as a sidenote...my reply to you was:

but i also find the lamento about gas prices in the US a little funny considering that the gas prices in the US are half that of europe and some people brag about driving cars that burn twice as much as necessary (that is as long as the gas is almost for free).

i stick to this comment. many people try to buy the largest most gas consuming car possible...but then you hear the complaining about the gas prices. silly.

anyway, wish you well too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit