Is there really no Rapture?

by Daniel Michaels 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Perry
    Perry

Seems like before I left the WT that there was some conjucture being passed around that Jehovah might "take" the GB (remnant) away after the "Great Tribulation" or something like that. Or, maybe it was that they would continue to grow old and die. I recently thought that was a spin on the rapture doctrine.

Anybody remember that JW thought?

• Princess
    Princess
    No santa clause.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Princess:

No santa clause.

There, there there. Let me get you a nice cookie and a glass of milk

• Princess
    Princess

Cookie? Do you have the recipe?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

No
    But if I did have, I'm sure I'd be greeted with rapturous applause!!!

• Princess
    Princess

from Zoe who is watching me.

• gumby
    gumby
    If the Watchtower is correct, all Paul had to do is say that the dead would rise, since WT theology does not allow Christians who are living to be changed instantly and be ? harpazo? or ?raptured? or, as the NWT translates it, ?caught away,? unless they die first?

The Watchtower teaches the annointed will never die also in the sense that at their passing away in death, they are instantly changed "in the twinkling of an eye", into a spiritual body. I don't see your argument. They teach the body changes from one life form to another in an instant......what is the difference of christendoms view?

Gumby

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Farkel said:

You're a CAPTIVE of the Christ mysticism.

Which is all crap, by the way. And I can prove it.

I dare you to "prove" it.

Farkel said:

You are not free at all. You will only be free when you reject all of that nonsense and start with a clean piece of paper and evaluate all of that from the purely objective point of view. Until you can do that, you will NEVER be free in Christ or free in anything.

That's funny, it doesn't sound to me like you are looking at the Bible from the "purely objective point of view" when you make comments like "reject all of that nonsense" and "Which is all crap". Yeah, that sounds objective to me.

Farkel said:

Sorry to pop your little bubble, but you are just as much a captive of superstition as dubs. You just offer a different flavor of that same superstition.

Farkel

Farkel, you're not free either. You are a slave to sin and death and corruption, just like everyone else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit