Is there really no Rapture?

by Daniel Michaels 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Daniel Michaels
    Daniel Michaels

?The word ?rapture? does not occur in the inspired Scriptures.?

This we are told by one popular Watchtower Publication. One is then left to wonder how a Latin reasoning book would read, and if they would still try to use this misleading form of deceptive argument, and if they would be able to quote a modern Latin bible translation, or if they would completely avoid the subject altogether. Since the word that Christians today use, ?rapture? comes from Jerome?s Latin Vulgate translation from the Greek which reads?

deinde nos qui vivimus qui relinquimur simul rapiemur cum illis in nubibus obviam Domino in aera et sic semper cum Domino erimus

Interestingly, Thayers Greek lexicon defines the word, ?harpazo? to mean ?to seize, carry off by force? and ?to seize and carry off speedily, John 6:15; Acts 23:10; used of divine power transferring a person marvelously and swiftly from one place to another, to snatch or catch away? thus causing Jerome in the 4 th century to translate ?harpazo? into the Latin using the word, ? rapiemur? from which we acquire the word ?rapture.? Thus the Watchtower is exceedingly misleading and not informative at all concerning the word when it states that it is not in the Bible.

Also we are told by the same Watchtower publication,

Who are the ones that will be ?caught up in the clouds,? as stated at 1 Thessalonians 4:17?

Verse 15 explains that they are faithful ones ?who are left until the coming of the Lord,? that is, they are still living at the time of Christ?s coming. Will they ever die? According to Romans 6:3-5 and 1 Corinthians

End quote

Thus the Watchtower contradicts the sacred secret that Paul informs his readers of at 1 Cor 15:51.52. where he says,

?See, I am giving you the revelation of a secret: we will not all come to the sleep of death, but we will all be changed. In a second, in the shutting of an eye, at the sound of the last horn: for at that sound the dead will come again, free for ever from the power of death, and we will be changed.?

Thus Paul tells us that not all Christians will face death, but will be changed instantly, thus clarifying what he had already written the Thessalonian congregation years earlier about the fact that when Christ does come again, the Trumpet he carries will sound, and the dead will rise, and after that, the living ones, who are surviving, will then be changed.

Why would Paul state so plainly that the dead rise first, and subsequent to that, the living who are surviving? Why the need for a distinction between the living and the dead if the WT is accurate?

If the Watchtower is correct, all Paul had to do is say that the dead would rise, since WT theology does not allow Christians who are living to be changed instantly and be ? harpazo? or ?raptured? or, as the NWT translates it, ?caught away,? unless they die first? The WT quoted above states that a ccording to Romans 6:3-5 and 1 Corinthians 15:35, 36, 44 Christians must die before they can gain heavenly life. However, a comprehensive reading of those text state nothing about a Christian MUST die before he gains eternal life in heaven, in fact, it tells us exactly the opposite! For in 1 Cor 15:51, Paul very clearly informs his readers of exactly the opposite of what the WT states, namely, that not all Christians will die, but that all Christians will be changed when Christ comes and sounds the trumpet.

The watchtower loyalist is in effect saying, ?We do not believe that the bible teaches that Christians will not all fall asleep in death, nor that we will be ?swept away.?

Perhaps the Watchtower writers would be better off writing an article on how the words ?Governing Body? or, ?faithful and discreet slave class? are not found in the bible!

Just something to think about

Free in Christ

Daniel Michaels

• Badger
    Badger
    The watchtower loyalist is in effect saying, ?We do not believe that the bible teaches that Christians will not all fall asleep in death, nor that we will be ?swept away.?

No, they teach that only those who don't waver a shred from their hive-like thought will survive a gruesome destruction by a loving God.

In case of the Rapture, can I have your car?

• Carmel
    Carmel

Literalism, literalism! Results in kicking scriptural sand at each other in the bible sand box!

carmel

• Satanus
    Satanus

No rapture.

No second coming.

No armageddon.

No tooth fairy.

No santa clause.

No one truth.

No resurrection.

Some people successfully check out early, but i hear that it's not recommended. Reality is a bitch. But, you can handle it, if you really want to.

SS

• Mac
    Mac

Rapture ......I thought they said rupture !!!!!!!!!! I wanted no part of it..... could not for the life of me figure out why so many yearned for this event. This is so very sad on so many levels...I've spent my entire Christian life trying to avoid a hernia??????

mac, of the "take me sweet baby Jesus I'm yours" class

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I love rapture's!

Has there ever been a time

that you didn't have a dime

And the only way to get it was to go and to a crime?

I'm the four pound toter, the phill blunt smoker

believe it or not I'm doper than the forty dog remixes

I wickeder than three 666's.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Paul, or whoever wrote it, was apparently creating a new twist to the story. Paul was trying to calm doubts that they had wasted their time with his new cult. Paul was saying that those that had already died waiting would be 'soon' rewarded with glory and priviledge in heaven and anytime now those alive (that is his first/second century readers) would too. He was either delusional or a con man.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Free in Christ

No you're not. You're a CAPTIVE of the Christ mysticism.

Which is all crap, by the way. And I can prove it.

You are not free at all. You will only be free when you reject all of that nonsense and start with a clean piece of paper and evaluate all of that from the purely objective point of view. Until you can do that, you will NEVER be free in Christ or free in anything.

Sorry to pop your little bubble, but you are just as much a captive of superstition as dubs. You just offer a different flavor of that same superstition.

Farkel

• Triple A
    Triple A

What about the word t heocracy in the inspired scriptures o r Jehovah in a manuscript before the 1200s.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

I don't believe I've seen "Governing Body," or God's "Organizaion" either!

Regards!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit