How do you interact with your worldly relatives?

by pratt1 23 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

When Xmas came around, my dad was not going to be there. He was going to be in Northern Cal with his wife and see my sister. I cried, I admit it, I told him it had been 12 years since I celebrated and it was my daughter's first Xmas and how could he miss it? He said he was sorry and hadn't thought of it that way. He spent Xmas Eve with my sister and flew in Xmas morning with his wife. He was the best present we had that year.

My mom sent lots of Xmas decorations this year since I was for sure totally out of JW's. My neighbor helped me shop for more and helped decorate.

Sad I missed all the years, but my daughter won't miss a holiday now.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

As a witness I got along pretty good with worldly relatives, as a worlding I dont get along with them just like anyone else. A few drinks and ugly side of me comes out!

So who cares, the Arabs are going to blow us up soon anyway.

• apprenticeofeve
    apprenticeofeve

Relatives? What are those... you mean I actually have a family outside of the organization? I am more than a little bitter about the fact that I have little to no relationship with most of my family. Of course holidays are when most families get together... so of course I was alienated from them. I have an aunt that I just recently met. Isn't that sad...It amazes me how something "soo good for you" can cause you to be locked in a little air-tight box. I wish there was someway I could make up all the lost time and form some sort of relationship with my aunts grandmas...cousins etc. Maybe thanksgiving would be good

• talesin
    talesin

3rd/4th gen here. All my worldly relatives are non JWs who say it is da troot. So they don't 'shun' me, but they are afraid of me in that 'she's probably an apostate' way. I find this too weird. I also think they have always felt looked down on (I wonder why!!), so they think I will still treat them that way. NOT!

Not much family to get close to. One uncle, who is fairly close to me. But he still believes in the JWs, that we are rebellious and going to die at Harmageddon. arrgg, is there no end to this shyte? OTOH, he celebrates Xmas and b'days and other holidays, so I can share them with him when he is up to it. (he is ill)

I've recently hooked up with my cousins. My 1st xJW family contact. They are super! I love them. She loaned me COC to read. {{{Grace}}}, you know who I mean. :D So, I'll end on a happy note.

talesin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit