HappyDad

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Hello Dallas!!!

Hope you like the board.

From a Beatles fan, Strawberryfieldsforever

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

1925 is just one in a long line of prophetic failures.

"In the coming 26 years, all present governments will be overthrown and dissolved."- 1889, Studies in the Scriptures Volume 2 p. 98-99

"Also, in the year 1918, when God destroys the churches wholesale and the church members by millions, it shall be that any that escape shall come to the works of Pastor Russell to learn the meaning of the downfall of Christianity."- 1917, The Finished Mystery p. 485

"The indisputable facts, therefore, show that the 'time of the end' began in 1799; that the Lord's second presence began in 1874." (WT March 1, 1922)

"Would it be Scripturally proper for them to now marry and to begin to rear children? No, is the answer, which is supported by the Scripture...It will be far better to be unhampered and without burdens, that they may do the Lord's will now, as the Lord commands, and also be without hindrance during Armageddon. Those Jonadabs who now contemplate marriage, it would seem, would do better if they wait a few years, until the fiery storm of Armageddon is gone..." (1938, Face The Facts p. 47)

In 1941 it was stated that we were "in the remaining months before Armageddon." (WT September 15, 1941 p. 288)

"According to the Bible timetable, man?s history on earth has been nearly 6,000 years. Adam was created in 4026 B.C.E., which means that six thousand years of human history end about the fall of 1975 C.E. We are in the great 7,000-year rest day of God, starting at the time he rested after the creation of Adam and Eve. There are, therefore, a thousand years left to run. Without Satan and his demons to disturb mankind it will indeed be a restful time. It will be like a sabbath. In a way it will be a sabbath within a sabbath. The last thousand years of God?s great seven-thousand-year rest is a special sabbath over which the Son of man will be Lord." (WT July 15, 1967 p.446-447)

Now anyone who has ever associated with Jehovah's Witnesses knows that, according to the WTS, Satan is not abyssed until after armageddon. In this article they are saying that the last 1000 years of this 7000 year period (which begins in 1975, or shortly thereafter) will be peaceful because Satan will be gone! But that can't happen unless armageddon comes first! So while some may say that never did the WTS say that armageddon is going to happen in 1975 they certainly implied it by saying that Satan would not be around, which only happens after armageddon.

Just be glad you didn't spend 20 or 30 or more years of your life believing this stuff before you learned the facts.

zugz

• Flash
    Flash

present-truth chronology stands in a class by itself, absolutely and unqualifiedly correct...." (Watchtower, July 15, 1922 p. 217).

"The indisputable facts, therefore, show that the 'time of the end' began in 1799; that the Lord's second presence began in 1874." (WT March 1, 1922)

I'm sure GLAD they don't think like this NOW!!!

Hello TruthBeliever!

• Odrade
    Odrade

I can't believe no one started singing "Sympathy for the Devil"

"

Please allow me to introduce myself
    I?m a man of wealth and taste
    I?ve been around for a long, long year
    Stole many a man?s soul and faith" --Rolling stones

haha! welcome to the board...

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Truthbeliever,

I'm so glad you saw the

Welcome to the house!

Pat

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

TB,

Welcome to you as well.

Wow, isn't it great with all these newbies???

Glad you jumped into the pond. The water is fine!

EyeDrEvil

• kat2u
    kat2u

welcome!

Its always exciting to see more newbies.And hear their stories.

• truthbeliever
    truthbeliever

Thanks,Everybody.A little more about Boatz.After My departure from the Witnesses in 1998,I really wanted to tell this guy why I had left.I went to the Hall,he calls me in the back and states in front of the Elders that it is not appropriate for him to meet with me.Those slimebag neglectful elders were a part of the reason why I left.During my baptized years,those "loving" lying elders came to shepard me once.And that was only to gripe me out about some stupid nonsense.One of those idiots once told me,in 1995 that the system did not have another 5 years left.Well,here we are in 2004,why is it still here?I am glad to be free.Are we allowed to tell names of people here?God Bless.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

You will want to take a look at the third box "Questions from Readers" at the following:

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/organization.htm

They don't claim to be infallible or inspired, so that is supposed to justify making errors and revising corrections as necessary a la Proverbs 4:18 viewpoint. This passage, however, has nothing to do with the "new light" promulgated by the Watchtower Society. The way (conduct) of the righteous is light. The way (conduct) of the wicked is gloom. What a farce! The Tower gets rid of old lies and invents new ones (calling them errors) , forgetting that liars will inherit the second death (Rev. 21:8) because they do not let their light shine before men and really have nothing to do with the real Light, Jesus. (John 8:12)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit