The history of Islam

by Elsewhere 111 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker
    Crazy

And what of the opressed 50% of the Muslim population, the women - are they just a necessary sacrifice?

And what of the non-opressed 50% of the New York population, the women- who are going to get BBQ'd when Al-quada or some other Islamic nut sets off a Nuke in NY?

Since when has the Islamic population helped get rid of Al-Queda? Seen any promenent Al-Queda people getting turned in lately by concerned neighbors? I havnt seen any episodes of Al-Queda COPS. The Crazy Clerics preach nothing but F the West, F Isreal, kill all Westerners. If thats how they want it then fine, we'll go first.

While I understand you are supporting that peacefull percentage of Muslims who like the West (say 10%?) im not about to lose my Country, my Religion, my Freedoms (which are being constantly ERODED because of Islamic Nuts) because of a Violent Culture that will not get out of the Dark Ages.

Kudos to you Scotts for tring to be a peacefull person, however, Al-Queda isnt planning on Nuking Scottland...

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker
    The bigger question is would the Muslims use Nukes on us if they could?

Islamist extremists may but the Muslims in my apartment building are all opposed to terrorism. Which one qualifies as a Muslim?
    Would the Muslims destroy us by any means, if they could?

Some would want to, some wouldn't. A bit like there are some Christians would want to destry Islam, and some wouldn't

The key difference here is that we Christians (ie the US, Brits, France, Russia to a point) and the Jews (Isreal) all have Nukes and we HAVNT nuked the Middle East. If the Muslims did they would NUKE Isreal and the US in a Heartbeat.

Some would want to, some wouldn't

And if those that want to have access to Nukes we are F-d.

Well, Scots, this whole arguement is really pointless. We will not Nuke the Middle East, at least not yet. We will be the peacefull good guys just like you want and then New York or LA or some other big city is going to get SMOKED and we'll lose a couple of Million people. If you think that muslims around the world are going to be alive after that you are surely mistaken.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

I will (out of the kindness of my heart) suggest an alternate solution.

Support massive funding (im talking $100 Billion+) into R+D of Hydrogen tech. Dump all the gas stations and replace them with Hydrogen. We will no longer be dependent on Foriegn Oil and we can let the Middle East Rot. They will Rot because theyre entire economy is based on Oil. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

So there you go Scots, we screw them economically or militarily, your choice.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Thi Chi

I take it you didn't read the article... well, I thought as much...

You need to live in a Mulim country and see how far you get....lol...RIP

More bigoted nonsense. What, say Turkey? Or Tunisea? Or Bahrain? Or Dubai? You make out they are all the same. They're not.

lol. No one has claimed that "all" Muslims think or act the same way.

You just implied it above, as many of the anti-Muslim posters on this thread have. The constant 'they'. The all-encompassing "Islam'. So either we have people who are so uninformed about the issue they don't know there's a diversity of opinion and action in Islam, people who will pay lip service to the diversity of opinion but act as though Islam was a monolithic entity (like you), or people who phrase their arguments in such a lazy and sloppy fashion it seems they are talking about all of Islam when in fact they are talking about a small portion of Islam.

Again, more circular reasoning.

I don't think so Thi Chi, but you obviously like the phrase even if you're not entriely sure what it means ... oh, here comes the cut and paste...

However, what is the history of Governments that are Muslims?

Yes, I laughed at one of your posts yesterday. Listing Iraq as an Islamic country - obviously it is a country of Muslims, but it's not had an Islamic government for years. Lumping its actions with those of theologically driven Islamic countries is to display your ignorance of the difference between pan-arabism and Islam.

But, as is your wont, being absolutely and utterly wrong or misinformed about something will not change your opinion.

The only benefit here is your very telling way you engage people. Insults, insinuations and dogmatism.

Yeah, and being the great hypocrite you are you won't tell Mary off for telling me to blow it our my arse? Not that I cared, but you're double standards are dull. And you criticise me for language when you refuse to condemn calls for genocide? Oh, baby Jesus, which is worse ? I really need to know!

For an atheist, you prove that your beliefs are possibly more of a religion than Christians or Muslims. A good example of throwing the baby out with the bath water....

Do fundies get a prize whenever they use that phrase?

""Who are *we* to go in and say that their religion, and therefore their law, is bogus, and the only way they can live peacefully is by accepting democracy? Why did it become the US's mission to make all these middle eastern countries democratic?""

'Make' democratic I have problems with. Aid on the path to democracy, yes fine. And as I hold human rights to be superior to religious creeds, the supremacy of the will of the people over the will of the clerics is vital, as is the end of practises - often inspired by the culture of an area - that violate human rights even if they take place under the auspice of religious law.

Yea! Lets support dictators! Lets let them breed and have a place to hangout and plan for the next attack on America and Spain and England and the Philippines Yea!

Isn't that what American foreign policy has allowed? You are sooo funny Thi Chi!

They have a right to attack the world.!! Right on! Women should be treated as property, what were we thinking?

And who, other than people we are all opposed to, has said that?

When you lie to characterise your opponents position you undermine your own.

Oh yes... I'm sure I've asked you this before...

Which part of loving your enemy don't you understand?

And do you believe that the modern state of Israel is part of the fulfillment of Biblical prohecies leading up to the 2nd coming? It's important you answer as we'd want to know if we have a religious fanatic in our miidst who is advancing some theistic agenda of their own.

The Jewish people were portrayed by Nazi propoganda as a threat to the Nazi state, as an organised and inimical entity. Foolish German people swallowed it and stood aside whilst millions were slaughtered. The very fact that you do not immediately condemn a call for genocide says a little more about you than I wanted to know... I'm sure as hell glad that it's not 1939, and that you're not German, and that I'm not Jewish.

Crazy

Grow the fuck up. Wahhabis and other violent Muslims are a fraction of the Muslim population. Why not just kill all men to deal with paedophiles, moron? You act like incinerating millions of people is funny or in some way justifiable.

Which means that YOU and Thi Chi are actually closer to the Wahhabis than you could possibly imagine; enjoy, words are wasted on you.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

"less american" wtf??? could someone please explain what "less or more american" means? or "un-american", "americans don't do this", like often used by US zombies after the torture scandal!! thichi, get yourself some real education! not that american nazi propaganda. are you americans really all that dumb?

• heathen
    heathen

scotsman--- I'm sure the people that lived in the same apartment building as the ones that carried out 911 would say the same thing . "very nice neighbors , hardly hear a peep out of them ." The irony is , looks can be deceiving . Of course they are quiet as not to bring attention to themselves .

crazy151drinker--- Useining nukes is never a good idea . I could imagine the outrage from the world should the US ever do so . There are other means ,like those weapons that will kill all living things in a city but won't destroy the earth .

Thi chi --- I think you made a very good point .

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""More bigoted nonsense. What, say Turkey? Or Tunisea? Or Bahrain? Or Dubai? You make out they are all the same. They're not.""

Wow, it seems you did not read my post.....It is plain from the countries you have cited as examples as evidence of your claims. History shows us that in many ways, they are the same. Yes I am right, you would not last one hour under their "ways."

Your name calling won?t excuse your defense of the indefensible. You have brushed over history, facts and the agenda of what we face.

Just look at the latest beheading by your friends, the good guys..they referred to their victim as the Infidel.......wake up.....

1. Muslim Turkey has expelled approximately 1,500,000 Greeks from its empire in the east and replaced them with Turks. They have massacred approximately 2 million Armenians and replaced them with Turks in the west.

2. Muslim Turkey has invaded and occupied northern Cyprus, displacing the Greeks living there.

3. Muslim northern Sudan has conquered much of southern Sudan, literally enslaving its Christian and pagan population.

4. Indonesian imperialism has occupied all of non-Islamic western New Guinea and incorporated into Indonesia.

5. Muslim Indonesia has invaded and conquered Christian East Timor with horrible loss of life.

6. This very day, Muslim Indonesia is attempting to destroy Christianity in what used to be called the Celebes.

7. A half-dozen Arab countries have fought two to four wars (depending how you count) in an attempt to destroy Israel and occupy its territory, and is currently continuing the attempt this very day with the publicly voted consent of 55 of the world's 57 Islamic nations.

8. For no good reason, Muslim Libya has blown up western aircraft, killing many civilians.

9. Muslim Iraq, in an imperialist war of aggression, invaded and occupied Muslim Kuwait.

10. Muslim Iraq, in an imperialist act of aggression, invaded Muslim Iran with a resulting (some estimates say) death of 2 million people.

11. Muslim Albania, this very minute, is attempting to enlarge its borders at Christian Macedonia's expense.

12. Muslim Northern Nigeria has been (and is currently) an aggressor against the Christian south.

13. Muslims expelled approximately 800,000 Jews from their homelands between 1947 and 1955.

14. During Jordan's occupation of the West Bank, the kingdom undertook an unsuccessful attempt to make Jerusalem a Muslim city by forcing out approximately 10,000 Christian inhabitants.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""....Tunisea?""

Lol, here is what Tunisia is about, Terrorism.. (durning WWII, this was a bloody battleground, with the Muslims supporting Hitler) .if fact, home base for many acts. Again, you cannot name one Muslim Country that has not had a record of aggression.

647-698: Advent of the Arab-Islamic period. Foundation of Kairouan by Oqba lbn Nafaa (670), and takeover of Carthage by the Arabs (698).
    800-909: Expansion of Islam and establishment of the Aghlabid Dynasty. (Construction of the Zitouna Mosque in Tunis).
    909-1159: Fatimid and Zirides dynasties. Foundation of Mahdia (921).
    1159-1230: Almohads unify the Maghreb countries and Moslem Andalusia.
    1230-1574: The Hafsids break away from Almohads and establish new dynasty based in Tunis.
    1574: Tunisia becomes part of the Ottoman Empire.
    Modern History:

The Bourguiba government let the PLO set up headquarters in Borj Cedria near Tunis. Tunis was already the headquarters of the Arab League which had transferred there from Cairo to punish Egypt for signing a peace agreement with Israel. From this new headquarters, the PLO gradually resumed guerrilla warfare on Israel utilizing bases in Lebanon.

On September 25, 1985, three Israelis were murdered in Cyprus. Responsibility for the murders was taken by the PLO's "Force-17". The Israeli government decided to make a retaliatory strike against the PLO headquarters on the Tunisian beachfront. The difficult mission involved a flight of 1280 miles, entirely over water, with mid-air refueling. Eight F-15 Eagles destroyed almost the entire PLO complex, including the PLO chairman's bureau and the headquarters of Force-17. Over 60 PLO terrorists were killed, another 70 injured. There were no IAF losses.

The PLO responded with more terrorist attacks, including seizure of the Italian cruise ship Achille Lauro in October 1985. In the Cairo Declaration of November 7, 1985 the PLO renounced terrorism, but did not follow through with the committment. Over 100 new acts of terror traced to the PLO were documented in the next two years.

The first Palestinian intifada began spontaneously in 1987 largely due to instigation from the Muslim clergy in the mosques, but was quickly siezed upon by the PLO who wrested control from radical Islamic elements and gave support and coordination from Tunisia for riots and terrorism in the West Bank and Gaza. The intifada became the main instrument for the PLO to regain the political momentum against Israel.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Heathen,

Well you can make Hydrogen bombs without the Uranium jacketed container and the radiation is greatly reduced. Then there is always chem+bio........

• heathen
    heathen

crazy151drinker--- or the USA could use dirty bombs and let them know what it's like before they do it to us . I don't think there will ever be a peaceful solution when dealing with those kind of people . I think it's too late for the US to turn back to any kind of conservative policies involving aggresive religious fanatics .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit