Jacobs sons & the slaughterfest of Shichem & his tribe

by DaCheech 24 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Was it not a cowardly & devious act of those sons to kill the whole male population of the tribe.

After Dinah was taken advantage of, Shichem & his own agreed to do the "right" & honorable thing

& marry Dinah, when they agreed to be circumcised like Jacob & his family in order to do this..... What did the sons

of Jacob do? On the 3rd day of Circum.. when they were in pain..... they slaughtered them all !!!!!

Not only di dthey do this, but Jacob was afraid of the other tribes, & Jehovah conveniently slaughtered the other ones for

him, just by jacob making sacrifices on Bethel

Does not things like this strengthen your faith in Jeh.. NOT! Wicked or what?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The whole OT is basically Blood and Guts - I mean 1 angel killed 185,000 in 1 night -- more than Hiroshima and Nagasaki together

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

& jacob was able to wrestle (grapple) that angel for a whole night & win

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

"If Paul were alive on earth today, what do you think he would say to a Christain who watched immoral or violent movies?" May 1, 2004 WT

Or read the Old Testament?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Zek, Judah had sex with his daughter-in-law in which he thaught was a prostitute!

WT says..... It was not immoral since the law was not set, & she was not really a prostitute

• Mary
    Mary
    Was it not a cowardly & devious act of those sons to kill the whole male population of the tribe. After Dinah was taken advantage of, Shichem & his own agreed to do the "right" & honorable thing & marry Dinah

"Right and honorable thing"?? You gotta be kidding me..........a guy rapes a girl and then offers to marry her thinking it's "honorable"?? Yes, if a guy raped me, I would SO look foward to being married to the asshole for the rest of my life

While I don't agree with them slaughtering the whole male population, I think Shichem go exactly what he deserved.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Does the bible indicate that Shechem raped Dinah?

• Mary
    Mary

Yep, he raped her:

Genesis 34:1 And Dinah the daughter of Leah, whom she bare unto Jacob, went out to see the daughters of the land. And Shechem the son of Hamor the Hivite, the prince of the land, saw her; And he took her, and lay with her, and humbled her.

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

What about the scripture in Numbers 31:13 where Moses was angry because his army of men only killed the men in battle. Then ordered them to kill all the male babies and any women that was not a virgin. But to keep all the young virgin girls for later use.

Then Moses and El·e·a´zar the priest and all the chieftains of the assembly went out to meet them outside the camp. 14

And Moses grew indignant at the appointed men of the combat forces, the chiefs of the thousands and the chiefs of the hundreds who were coming in from the military expedition. 15 So Moses said to them: "Have YOU preserved alive every female? 16 Look! They are the ones who, by Ba´laam’s word, served to induce the sons of Israel to commit unfaithfulness toward Jehovah over the affair of Pe´or, so that the scourge came upon the assembly of Jehovah. 17 And now kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has had intercourse with man by lying with a male. 18 And preserve alive for yourselves all the little ones among the women who have not known the act of lying with a male

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

No mention of rape there, unless "humbled" is a ancient jewish euphemism (?) for "rape" that I don't know about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit