My first time "storming" out!!

by lookingnow22 37 Replies latest jw friends

• lookingnow22
    lookingnow22

Maximus,

My first thought when I looked at the description of the 7/2 service meeting had to do with this in the second part instructions.

"Although some may want to pursue financial advantages, prestige, or comforts o life, the family examine the Bible to see what it recommends. (See Young People Ask, pages 174-5; The Watchtower, August 15, 1997, page 21, and September 1, 1999, pages 19-21, paragraphs 1-3 and 5-6.)"

It's just funny that they say to see what the bible says, and then only give WT references. Yeah yeah yeah, I know the WT's have scriptures in them, but it looks bad the way that this is put.

Looking

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

This really PISSES me off!!!!!!!!!!!! They put the WORLD down like they are nothing but worthless pieces of shit but yet it is ok to use them for thier own gain. What a crock of shit!

Let me clarify. They can use them for their own gain once they are brainwashed. I guess I was just so angry that I didn't write it the way I meant it. Sorry

• Maximus
    Maximus

Excellent point that I overlooked, Looking.

Arrogance, arrogance, arrogance.

M

• Jang
    Jang

I don't blame you!!!!!

Reading it almost made me throw up my lunch on the keyboard!

Can you scan it and post it on the net! That is somethign that needs to be exposed for all the world to see with their own eyes!

JanG
    CAIC Website: http://caic.org.au/zjws.htm
    Personal Webpage: http://uq.net.au/~zzjgroen/

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

I agree, that not only should excerpts from the KM articles be posted, but excerpts showing their hypocrisy, in the article regarding going to college, should be posted along side it. Hyprocrisy at it's worst! It does make one sick...

RCat

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Freepeace,

Since you seem to know some folks in the San Diego area. Did you know Doug Smith?

Danny

• Latte
    Latte

To anyone still in the org. Please read the following very carefully. Then compare this to the 6/01 KM.

I took this Awake article to heart, as did most, if not all of my friends. Some of my friends were, IMHO very, very clever people, they could of made use of their brilliant brains by pursuing further education as their parents had done. But, no they Pioneered! Say no more.

Quote Awake 1969 May 22 ***If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the "last days" in 1914, Jesus foretold: This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur" - Math.24:34.

Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system be by that time? It will be well on the way toward it's finish, if not actually gone!**** (end of quote)

I am so angry about this, I just cannot believe it. I realize that many on this board will probably feel the same as me; it's just such a shame that the new JW's will probably be 'ignorant' of this for a long time.

Latte

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Those who have already received specialized training, perhaps before coming into the truth, may wish to write out a detailed resume and attach it to the Bethel application.

So I guess the answer is, leave the organsiation for a while, get a qualification, come back, and apply for Bethel. Bingo! You're in! Nice bit of legalism there, eh?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"Truth persuades by teaching, but does not teach by persuading."
    TERTULLIAN, Adversus Valentinianos

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Bendrr you said:

Since I'm one of the dwindling few who can do some good exhaust work, I'd bet ten dollars to a donut that they don't have anyone who can bend pipe worth a damn. That means all those bethelites will have to put the catalytic converters back on their cars now since no one can run the eliminators!

I don't know why this got to me, but it sure sounded pretty funny.

Marilyn

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

Our meeting was last night. The brother who discussed the part is a power engineer and has three kids in college. I wonder whether he was assigned on purpose, but you could tell he was very uncomfortable delivering what he obviously didn't believe in.

Very few people now take these articles seriously. Most know it's business as usual, the GB or whoever represents them are back again doing what they do best: flogging the sheep. Of course when we are in the KH, we all agree that it's so timely and food at the right time from the ever so faithful and discreet slave, but out of those walls it's all balderash. The article is not worth a dime.

pc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit