bank/credit-card accespoint in JW-convensionhall

by Ozner 58 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Ozner
    Ozner

Thank you for this information Pavlov. What is your opinion/view on the bankcard-terminal in Swifterbant? Does it suprice you? It has made an impact by many of my relatives. A stap too far, is what I hear, and the comparison with the Temple of Jerusalem is made...

Ozner

"I know you - you know me"

• Pavlov
    Pavlov

How exciting, we are acquainted to each other! I do not have the slightest idea who I am mailing to. So feel free to expose your selves.

I'm sorry to hear you and your family are so much upset about these creditcard acces-points in conventionhalls. You wrote it's a step too far for your relatives (and for you?). This means other steps were upsetting, but they were not as shocking as this one? Am I right?

What my opinion is about these paying-points? It fits in the commercial attitude the WTBTS-organisation is developing. If I try to follow this kind of thinking the pay-automats seem not odd to me. The costs of changing large amounts of small copures / coins at the bank must be very high, and as for as I know, they have risen by introducing the Euro in our country. Furthermore the safety-regulations of the Dutch government are very strict. Boxes with a large amount of money in it include by themselves a certain risk. So introducing the automats can be a ordinairy weighing of costs and benefits. Giving regulations how to use the automats (do not donate 1700 but 17.00, or things like that) is in a very WTBTS-like approach: 'nothing may been leave to change - everything must been regulated'.

However I can understand it must be somewhat disturbing for loyal witnesses to see in their own circules the things they condemn in other churches. It could help if Jehovah Witnesses begin to accept they are, at least in organisational matters and maybe more, a church like every other churches. Maybe this attitude makes novellities like creditcard acces-point easylier to accept. An altered standpoint in the world of churches makes it for the Jehovah's Witnesse also possible to learn from mistakes in their own past.

David Post

• Pavlov
    Pavlov

Hi wizzard of Oz,

I think I know who you are. A reply to earlier mail is in you NS-mailbox. I was on a littel holiday so I couldn't respond earlier. And if you like you can mail me on my home-account.

David

• Ozner
    Ozner

Pavlov, my current situation obliged me to keep the old safe procedure: corporation-mail, you know what I mean... It's nice to discuss and exchange thoughts on this board with you also. I did not expect you here so quickly... Ozner

• avengers
    avengers

Hey. Alweer een Hollandse Nieuwe.

Glad to meet you all.

Andy

• Pavlov
    Pavlov

Hello Andy,

The Dutch rule the world.

David

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

at least they did in formal times....

Welcome to the board David.

Hollandse Nieuwe (met of zonder uitjes ?) Nice found Andy......

Branda

• Pavlov
    Pavlov

Hello Branda,

The great multitude is growing. How is live? Do you chat a lot on this site?

David

• Triple A
    Triple A

My wife is 100% Dutch, but is third generation USA. She became the black sheep of her family, when she married an American. HaHa! But, she does take every opportunity to tell me that "If you are not Dutch you ain't much."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit