Did anyone ever notice this legal fine print on the WTS CDROM?

by catchthis 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

: WATCH TOWER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE DATA IS IDENTICAL TO WATCH TOWER'S PUBLICATIONS.

They don't show pictures or graphics, or captions for pictures on the CD ROM, so I assume this disclaimer is for that purpose.

There are VERY few differences in the text in the CD ROM and the original publications. I've only seen mentioned two or three.

Nonetheless, one wonders why the WTS needs to copyright anything at all. Hell, you can't even PAY people to take that shit at the door! Who would ever want to "steal" Watchtower Garbage and claim it as their own, unless that person was stark raving mad? Even if that information WAS valuable, one would think that the WTS should be thrilled other people were making copies of it an distributing it? Isn't that what they are all about: preaching the "good news" to ALL the earth? Obviously, not.

Can you imagine seeing this in the Bible:

"He said to him: You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind...You must love your neighbor as yourself." (Copyrighted 28-31 A.D. by Jesus Christ, Incorporated. All rights reserved. Violators will be severely prosecuted.)

I can't!

Farkel

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

Thanx Catchthis for answering my question. My concern was that maybe the borg had made some major revisions in the 2003 edition and therefore was trying to deflect any legal or other consecquences that might result from doing so. But if these statements haven't been changed or altered then I will rest assured that they haven't become so bold as to completely rewrite their history:

"Shortly, within our twentieth century, the 'battle in the day of Jehovah' will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom." (1971, "The Nations Shall Know that I Am Jehovah"- How? p. 216)

". . .after his creation Adam lived some time during the 'sixth day,' which unknown amount of time would need to be subtracted from Adam?s 930 years, to determine when the sixth seven-thousand-year period or 'day' ended, and how long Adam lived into the 'seventh day.' And yet the end of that sixth creative 'day' could end within the same Gregorian calendar year of Adam?s creation. It may involve only a difference of weeks or months, not years."- WT August 15, 1968 p. 499

"So, too, with our generation in this twentieth century. After all that we have gone through since 1914, our generation would be, of all generations, the 'most to be pitied.' Think of it, though! Worthy ones of this generation of mankind will be saved alive out of the rest of this world distress so as to survive the worst of it and enter into God?s Messianic new system of things and not need a resurrection from the dead to life here on earth! " (1975, Man's Salvation out of World Distress at Hand p. 29)

"He has told us that the 'generation' of 1914?the year that the sign began to be fulfilled?'will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' (Matthew 24:34) Some of that 'generation' could survive until the end of the century. But there are many indications that 'the end' is much closer than that!" (WT March 1, 1984 p. 18)

These are some of the most damning statements found in the 2001 WT library and I would certainly think the WTS would love to make statements like these disappear. But if they're still there in the 2003 edition then I think that indicates that they haven't tried anything too tricky yet.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

jesus -talk about covering their asses

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I read somewhere that a WT magazine had a statement one way, & the bound volume & CD-rom had it changed.

Was some kinda "new light" thing that was changed during the conventions. So they had the magazine with old light, & then rectified

it in the bound & CD with "new light".... In which we know as "cover your ass before its too late light"

"Time is the enemy of a false prophet".... This statement will always haunt the WT society

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Appendix-Letter

2. Who may have a copy of Watchtower Library? Watchtower Library is a research tool for Jehovah's Witnesses, not for the public or for institutions such as schools or libraries.

Mrs Sheep (still in) saw this as I was installing the CD and has been feeling guilty about me having it ever since, even though I was a 'born in'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit