Did anyone ever notice this legal fine print on the WTS CDROM?

by catchthis 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• catchthis
    catchthis

4. LIMITED WARRANTY. Watch Tower warrants that the medium upon which the SOFTWARE is provided to you is free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of 60 days from the date of delivery. Watch Tower warrants that the SOFTWARE will perform substantially in accordance with the Printed Materials.
    DISCLAIMER. EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE, THE SOFTWARE AND THE PRINTED MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED TO YOU IN "AS IS" CONDITION WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU BEAR ALL RISK RELATING TO QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE. YOU ASSUME COMPLETE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SELECTION AND INSTALLATION OF THE SOFTWARE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME PORTION OF THE STATED EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY AMONG JURISDICTIONS. WATCH TOWER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE DATA IS IDENTICAL TO WATCH TOWER'S PUBLICATIONS.

Well I'll be... Is this their idea of a legal loophole for not faithfully reproducing the original material on the CD word for word?

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

They just have "new light" and this is their expression for the CD

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

WATCH TOWER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE DATA IS IDENTICAL TO WATCH TOWER'S PUBLICATIONS
    .That is a legal loophole wide enough to drive a truck thru. Guess they've been bit in the past. Bug

• blondie
    blondie

I thought this was a Watchtower publication?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

The bound volumes aren't always identical to the original watchtowers either. I never checked to see if there was a disclaimer there.

Walter

• catchthis
    catchthis

>>I never checked to see if there was a disclaimer there.

There isn't one. The BV's are strictly the mags one after another with no index pages or anything.

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

Just wondering, is that disclaimer on the 2001 library or the new 2003?

• mineralogist
    mineralogist
    The BV's are strictly the mags ...

Sorry to say NO -sometimes they are changing parts of it without mentioning anything. e.g. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/64124/1.ashx

• catchthis
    catchthis

Yes, I know that they will periodically make changes from the original mags in the BV's, but what I meant was that they do not include any sort of BV title page or copyright page in the beginning or the end of the hardbound book. The "in the 20th century"/"in our day" statement is probably the most glaring change out there and exists in the original mag and the BV for that year.

• catchthis
    catchthis

Zug, I had to reinstall the 2001 CDROM to find out, but it is located there too. The top quote is from the 2003 CDROM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit