Farewell to the Gipper...President Reagen

by ThiChi 13 Replies latest social current

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker
    I remember as a student in Berkeley the words screeching out of the bullhorn...

This says enough. Anything written from a student protester at Berkley should immediate be sent to the trash bin.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I'll admit I was a bit too young to care about politics while he was in office, or even the fact that he was a Republican. :)

But I do remember always watching him on TV. I remember his speaches and just how authoritative and charismatic he was. I have virtually no opinion about his foreign policies. But I think he was a great leader and humanitarian. I think for a president to represent our country you need that charisma that he exuded. I remember watching his speaches on tv and thinking to myself how much I wished he were my Grand Father. :)

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    What simplistic, agenda driven rubbish.

lmao. palast may have an agenda, but are you saying he's wrong about the iran-contra affair?

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Seems Ronald Raygun was not as bad an actor as his film performances might make you believe...

My favourate quote of his was "I have just declared Russia illegal. Bombing will commence in five minutes".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit