• HeyNow!
    HeyNow!

Nice pictures... The Aid book was enough for me

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

yes blondie, I am a male, that is what the little

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, I remember those days. I pointed out to the football-loving elders that football was more warlike than chess ever would be. End of story.

Blondie

• Nina
    Nina
    Has anybody read Insight on the Scriptures -both volumes from cover to cover -- I have BTW

Why do you ask? And why do you mention that you have?

Nina

• Room 215
    Room 215

Although I don't have the patience -- or inclination -- to read the volumes cover-to-cover much less do a side-by-side comparison, I'm really much more interested in how radically -- or even whether -- the text in the Insight books diverges from that nasty Aid book, acknowledged to have been authored largely by fire-breathing apostates. A cursory look shows little difference.

Apart from being a shrewd revenue-generating measure, the decision to repackage the Aid book with maps, illustrations also serves the useful purpose of severing its attribution to Ray Franz and his hardy ban of now-demonized, discredited and discarded progressives.

• acsot
    acsot

I did; even took notes! Glad to see I wasn't the only one! A CO's wife I knew and liked was also trying to get through the volumes, but I know of no others who did, particularly elders - and the elders in that congregation would have been only too willing to brag about it had they actually done so! As it was, I was just an upstart sister out to embarrass the brothers !

• willyloman
    willyloman
    And that's all Insight is: a Bible Dictionary.

That's what they want you to think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit