A Question For Those of You With Cats

by copsec 39 Replies latest jw friends

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

My cats do not like fruit, but do enjoy cakes, cheese doodles, ice cream, and dog food. And of course whatever is on the stove that is meat like.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Fruit? No. But we have one who is a total pest when my daughter or I are trying to eat a bowl of cereal, and another that hunts for fresh meat almost every day. He's usually successful, which cuts down on the amount of cat food we have to buy. But is also means that we have to clean up lots of squirrel feet, bird heads, rabbit heads, mouse tails, etc. And for some reason, he never eats the bats he kills.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

My cat will eat anything, except seafood. He is especially fond of watermelon and and chips. But his favorite treat is olives. He goes nuts when you give him an olive.

Country

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Our black and white female Tuxedo is very curious, but she rarely eats any of our food. She will smell, lick or taste our food and that's it. We have tried to give her special treats, like a bit of tuna or salmon that is fresh prior to mixing with other ingredients, and she won't even eat that. I've never heard of a cat that doesn't like fish.

She loves paper, especially the plastic wrap paper. She hears that sound wherever she is and runs to watch what's going on. She will get into the smaller waste cans to retrieve a prize piece. She loves yellow paper crunched into a small ball. Yellow seems to be her favorite color. She will play with this ball of paper forever, jumping and bouncing all over the place. We think this is rather unusual for a three year old feline. She even picks up the paper in her mouth and flips it into the air and bats it with her paw like she is playing ball. She has actually "fetched and returned" items a couple of times.

Needless to say, she is very precious to us both.

/<

• copsec
    copsec

I have loved reading all your responses. Cats are sure funny creatures, are they not? Sentinel, I too have a kitty who loves to play "fetch" with a paperwad!

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Both my cats played ball, bringing back little rubber balls I bought for them.

My Calico loves shrimp but my Tabby doesn't. They both love sardines though.

• glitter
    glitter

My dad smoked roll-up cigarettes and his cat Pounce used to go mad for the foil wrappers the tobacco came in He'd play fetch with them. (Probably addicted to the nicotine but it was cute and he lived to a ripe old age :) )

Thanks for the advice about Minnie. At the moment I'm putting her outside at 9pm and only letting her in just as I'm going to bed - but this only works *most* of the time. I'm definitely going to try putting a litter box by my bed.
    She's only about 3 and a half and she's up to date with her vaccinations and worming, etc, so I don't think there's anything more sinister than habit/laziness/fear of going all the way to the litter box under the stairs. Pounce had kidney problems, so we do keep an eye out of the others.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

My Cat is 14 years old and acts 2 y/o. She does not like cheese or milk, but LOVES Wolf Brand Chili ! You have to watch out...if you open a can, she'll jump up on the counter and eat a 1/4 of a can in a few minutes ! She won't eat regular beef tho'. And of course...chicken, she will always show up if we're having chicken.

Here's a pic:

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

can't see the pic rabbit

I love my cat babies though....uggghhh...that's all I have to say tho

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lol... that is too funny!

My cats will only eat cat food... nothing else. They would never think of trying to take something off my plate.

(Ok, No comments about my cooking! They won't even try to eat my take-out food! )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit