Breaking news: RONALD REAGAN HAS DIED TODAY

by sf 38 Replies latest social current

• sf
    sf

Cspan and CNN just reported.

sKally

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I wouldn't wish Alzheimer's on my worst enemy. It's a hideous disease. I'm glad he's no longer suffering and his family can begin to recover and move on.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

agreed BT. I had a friend's mother and my daughter's old m-i-l who both died eventually with Alzheimer's. It is indeed a hideous disease

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I hated him when he was prez, because my parents hated him.

Interestingly enough it was a PBS documentary on his presidency and life that gave me more respect for him. So much for the "liberal media(TM)"

I have come to admire his boundless optimism and love of freedom, those uncynical blue eyes that couldn't be dimmed.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Dan,

Do you honestly believe a PBS documentary about the man -- in which many family members were voluntarily interviewed -- is going to bring out and highlight the man's faults? Or the ramifications of his nuclear buildup? Or the terrorist campaigns he sanctioned?

He was one of the phoniest presidents we've ever had, in part because he could fool himself so well. It's always sad to see someone ill and then die. But I think we can do without the man's "legacy."

Bradley....who knows he's going to get slammed for this. Ah well. It's been a while since I ruffled some feathers!

• bisous
    bisous

what about what he did to the California University System.

as I said in other thread, death is sad, sorry for his family, the man WAS 93 ... and quite on in years before he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

Not only will Americans be inundated with Reagan bullshit on television for the next who knows how many days, I suppose we'll be getting a big dose of it here on JWD as well.

BRADLEY!!! OMG, hell just froze over!!! we agree we agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

• frogit
    frogit

So sad to die this way, my thoughts go out to all you Americans you have lost a great man.

I often wonder, was it by his firm stand against communism, that communism in USSR fell?

What a lovely wife Nancy was to him, wish I could find a Nancy!

frogit

• logansrun
    logansrun

Yes bis. I'm not a Redumblican.

B.

• logansrun
    logansrun
    So sad to die this way, my thoughts go out to all you Americans you have lost a great man.

JFK was a great man. His brother Bobby even better. Oh, wait...

I often wonder, was it by his firm stand against communism, that communism in USSR fell?

Or, perhaps it fell of it's own accord? Most analysts now know the US overestimated Soviet power for DECADES. And, as a side effect of the REAGEN LED nuclear build-up we have more WMD than ever before, and in more nations than ever before. Thanks.

What a lovely wife Nancy was to him, wish I could find a Nancy!

Just say "no." Brilliant.

B.

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

I will miss Ronald Reagan very much. I was at the Whitehouse in 1981 while Ronald Reagan was there ... but I didn't get to meet him personally. In my opinion, he was the greatest President of the 20th Century ... and I am pleased to have lived during his lifetime. - Jim W.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit