The Hawaii - Educational Facility (The truth about it)?

by DaCheech 17 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Watchtower Property in Hawaii Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York, Inc.
    2055 Kamehameha IV Road
    Honolulu, Hawaii 96819
    Phone: (808) 842-1100

A multi-national, nonprofit Bible educational group, the Watchtower will use its new 53,000-square-foot building at MTP for its Watchtower Educational Center - Pacific. The educational center will be comprised of four conference rooms and one auditorium equipped with multimedia audio/visual equipment with multi-language capabilities to accommodate conferences, seminars and training classes.

• DaCheech
  • Odrade
    Odrade

edit. while this is obviously a vacation-junket boondoggle, I don't think it's "news." JWs know of the facilities there and are as proud of it as the compound at Patterson.

O

• Mulan
    Mulan

I know a couple who worked on that facility in Hawaii. It is in the middle of the island of Oahu, in Miilani, far away from the beaches. She said it was like a big warehouse with rooms. They were there for the electrician part, so didn't see it finished. We've been to Hawaii a few times since it was built but no interest in seeing it.

We did tour their old Bethel home about 10 years ago, and the rooms were sparse, and they had two guest suites for when they had the CO or DO, or visitors. They were still spartan accomodations, and right next to the freeway, the LikeLike. (pronounced leeky leeky) Nothing plush about it, to me. But then again, it is Hawaii, so who cares where you sleep?

• allpoweredup
    allpoweredup

Something else that's new is silentlambs.org is about to show never before publicly seen documents and materials showing how Jehovah's Witness elders protect child molestors. It will be done at the SNAP Conference. Go to http://www.silentlambs.org/SNAPcolorado.htm for details. Pass the word.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I saw this old post of mine, and with all the branch closings going on................. has anyone else heard about this place?

• belbab
    belbab

Consider the reasons for building the facilities at the end of Rutherford's day, around world war two, at South Lansing NY. Later NH Knorr converted those facillities into the the Gilead school The design was not convenient for a school. One big auditorium on the main floor with large dining facilities at one end of the building. Upstairs was all dormitiories.

In those days the WT relied heavily on the scripture, "When you see Jerusalem surrounded by encamped armies then flee to the mountains" Probably still do.

I suspect the facilities in Hawai are for similar reasons. If the headquarters in New York, "got surrounded" figureatively, they would have a place to flee to.

When I went to Gilead at South Lansing, NH Knorr had a private refuge above the Library. and a place to park his cadillac out of site in the basement garage. No one knew when he showed up there on weekends, maybe the farm servant. I knew when he was there, because the farm servant found a girl friend in the Gilead class from Quebec where I knew her quite well, well enough for her to tell me when he was there.

I also seem to remember from years on this board, that there seem to be facilities in Alaska where the brass could take refuge for vacations.

belbab

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

There was mention about consolidating Hawaii/Alaska branches together, actually I think they already did... The winner was Hawaii, because I have personal ties to the islands... and I know for a fact it's still up and running.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit