The Hawaii - Educational Facility (The truth about it)?

by DaCheech 17 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Is this place just a coverup for a place where the upper class bethellites, can vacation 5star style & make people believe the money is for the Good News?

What's your info?

What's your suspitions?

Let's get to the bottom of it

• kls
    kls

See what i mean , the things you learn on here. I never heard this one , what is it ?

• Odrade
    Odrade

haha. that's what I say. Also the many other tropical island "branches" with "visitor accomodations." You can bid on them if you are a bethelite, missionary or CO/DO using your "years in full-time service." My folks did that a few times. I was like, "so what did you DO there..." evidently just vacationed. Oh yeah, and went to all the meetings and out in service in the "local territory." LOL!

Odrade

• kls
    kls

WHAT IS IT? excuse me for shouting but i got to know.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Um, it's a branch office in Honolulu. They call lots of the larger branches "Educational Facilities" now. Probably makes it easier to keep their tax-exempt status, just in case their religious profits ever come into question...

O

• kls
    kls

Thanks Odrade, so ,no one really knows why it is there or what it is used for .

• Odrade
    Odrade

Well, it is one of the older branches in the Pacific, started off as a missionary home I suppose, and the location was convenient for other missionary placements. Kind of a jumping off point I guess since Honolulu is a major international city. But I suspect someone was just sitting around one day counting the surplus money and said "Let's put one right here... wouldn't that be GREAT?" Haha.

• kls
    kls

I think i smell a rat. This is very interesting ,indeed

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I once got to vacation at a lovely guest house on the Walkill farm, due to my wife's Uncle's bethel seniority.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I guess, I'm gonna have to search the web better

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit