End of a truly horrible week

by pamkw 15 Replies latest jw friends

• pamkw
    pamkw

Here it is Friday, and I am soo glad. I have been away from the computer for a while because my computer was in Kansas with my sister and I am in Alaska, working. I came up here to take what I hoped was a great summer job. It is really good, but being away from my boys has been hard. And all I have been planning for is to get them here in June. And it looked so hopeful that they would come by the 13th. But now, I am not sure. I feel like I have moved for nothing, and nothing is working out. And to top it all off my health has not been so great, I had another seizure a couple weekends ago, and now my boss is constantly asking me if I am okay. and I know people mean well, but I am not an invalid, and get tired of talking about my health all the time. The only good thing that happened this week is I moved out of the employee housing and into an apartment. It belongs to a friend of mine and I am staying here while she is gone. I hope to have my own place before the month is over. Living with a bunch of other adults, most of whom are just strange, was the second hardest thing I ever did. Being away from my family was the first. And to top it all off, one of the men who was living in the house with us, committed suicide on Wednesday night. That was two nights after I had moved out, and the only thing I could think when I heard was I am so glad I wasn't still living there. I feel a little guilty about that, though I know I shouldn't. But tonight I am just bummed out and am wondering why I even started this whole adventure. I am going to met up with some of my former roommates and we are going to go see Harry Potter tonight. It is soo nice to be able to get on line and read the board. I don't feel like I have went so far away somehow. thanks for letting me vent a little.

• copsec
    copsec

I am sorry you are having such a rough time. What kind of job are you doing in Alaska? Other than missing home and being with strangers what do you think of Alaska? Is it as beautiful as I have always heard? Do you think you will be able to relax a little more now that you are away from the strangers? I hope things get better for you and we are always here if you need us. BIG HUGS to you!

• Soledad
    Soledad

I am so sorry you're having a tough time. I know from experience how hard it is to be in a new place.

• desib77
    desib77

((((pamkw))))

Desi

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

(((pam))) Keep checking in with us. There is always somebody around

enjoy the movie and don't feel guilty for missing out on a traumatic experience

• Purza
    Purza

Well I am glad you finally made it through the week. I hope you enjoy the movie and getting out for a bit.

((((((Pamkw))))))))

Purza

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Nice to hear from you again Pamkw! Hopefully you'll have a good time tonight and then a great weekend to boot.

You never know!!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have had seizures too. I know how hard it can be to deal with the well meaning enquiries and other peoples concern . I guess they are a little afraid as to what they would do if..... But bear up , things can only get better , and you are in a place that the rest of us would love to visit .Take care.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hi Pam. I had wondered how you were doing. Nice to see you again.

Wow, Kansas to Alaska. Now that's a journey. It's certainly very different than were you were living, that's for sure. Being away from your boys, must be extremely difficult. Considering some of what's been going on up there, it must be incredibly disheartening. I certainly hope things improve from here on in.

Crossing my fingers, things will improve from here on in, with your job, health and eventually your boys being there with you.

Alaska is indeed, an incredibly beautiful state. This journey, may be a 'once in a lifetime' event, so despite some unfavourable first impressions; the best is yet to come.

Best of luck Pam, best wishes, good health and happiness.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hey Pam, sorry about the turn of events in your life. Where are you? Petersburg? if so I'd be in a funk too! Hope things turn around.

carmel of the Alaskan tribe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit