Leave it in Gods hands

by ball. 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ball.
    ball.

Yeah it's a bit childish. Someone might humour me though!

• talesin
    talesin

ball.

I just had a trojan virus invade my computer. What should I do? It's gobbling up files like there's no tomorrow!

I know! I will "leave it in Jehovah's hands".

• ball.
    ball.

talesin, I work in IT so here is my expert advice, "Leave it in Jehovahs hands".

• talesin
    talesin

Uggh! That fried chicken I bought for lunch was undercooked. I wonder if it was tainted?

Oh, well *shrug*. I'll "leave it in Jehovah's hands" ...

• ball.
    ball.

You've probably got food poisoning, just leave it in Jehovahs hands.

• the mole
    the mole

maybe up to the universe or something...right.

• eljefe
    eljefe

My Dad kept on saying "Leave it in Jah's hands" to me when I decided to fade. I talked about Jesus illustration about the woman who had to incessantly knock on the judge's door to get justice. The only way she could get just was by means of persistence and doing it herself. If Jesus wanted us to leave everything in Jah's hands, he would never have used this illustration. He agreed but didn't really accept it.

• onacruse
    onacruse

"Jehovah will take care of it" is, on a very visceral level for me, the most offensive and repugnant cop-out to which any JW can resort.

Literally; hearing, and even thinking those words, raises up a gag-reflex.

Craig

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

But if they think they can get their own way, eg. via a lawsuit, then "leaving it in jah's hands" straight away becomes plan B.

• ball.
    ball.

A Paduan

what I'm talking about here is the rank and file as opposed to the GB. Whenever you point out problems in the congregation or even with doctrine, then the message becomes, "leave it in Jehovah's hands".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit