Leave it in Gods hands

by ball. 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ball.
    ball.

I just read in a post by Sandy that a witness used this statement: "Leave it in Gods hands", and I just realised that witnesses say this all the time. But what complete crap it is! What if we all walked round saying that about everything, never take responsibility for ANYTHING. Someone phones you to collect a parcel. "Leave it in Gods hands". Friend tells you your roof is on fire. "Leave it in Gods hands". Someone tells you you need to exercise more. "Leave it in Gods hands".

You would think such a person had been brainwashed or something!

• kls
    kls

LOL Ball , so true

• sandy
    sandy

OMG ball!!! This is so true. I was thinking this same thing as she said this to me.

When my friend said to me that Jehovah is always working in her life and answers her prayers I said this to her:

I don't feel like God answers prayers. Why would he answer my prayers and not those praying for their life during an act of violence or someone dying of an illness?

That is when the answer of: we cannot change Jehovahs will just b/c we do not understand some things.

I do not want to put down people for having faith but I just don't get it. I don't think I ever will.

• ball.
    ball.

What if Jesus had walked round saying that! Heal me, heal me! "Leave it in Gods hands - he'll do something about it."

• micheal
    micheal

It's the lazy unmotivated person's copout

• ball.
    ball.
    we cannot change Jehovahs will just b/c we do not understand some things

ahhhhh, the other classic. "We don't necessarily understand Gods purposes until they are revealed" OR

simply "if you dont understand it, don't worry about it".

p.s. Sandy are you a typist or something? You are very quick. I bet you could talk the hind legs off donkey as well!

• sandy
    sandy

lol ball , I type pretty fast when I am looking directly at my keyboard.

• kls
    kls

Sandy, you better not ,you leave the donkeys hind leg's alone. Just leave it in gods hands.

• bebu
    bebu

This is an abused concept. Leaving something in God's hands is done when you cannot do anything to change a situation for the better, NOT as an excuse to avoid an obvious conclusion.

I wrote about 10 months ago about an experience talking with my JW neighbor, and ran into this concept for the first time... many people added some very good comments about "waiting on Jehovah" on that thread, and taught me (a non-dub) a lot. Here's the link, case anyone's interested...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/61073/1.ashx

(Edited to add... scroll down to my second post, where I was showing my neighbor the Dateline tape on line...)

bebu

• ball.
    ball.

LOL, hey, we could have a game where someone posts to tell you something real bad like "hey you got some horrible embarrassing disease", and someone else has to post "Leave it in Gods hands". HEE hee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit