Only times people at the KH talked to me

by Nosferatu 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Corvin
    Corvin

My daughter Elizabeth, 11 yo at the time, standing in the KH talking to some of her age peers. A snotty little older teen-sister walks up and says to one of the girls (loudly so everyone could hear), "I don't want you talking to Elizabeth. She is bad association."

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Corvin...

My daughter who was 7 at the time had a snotty little girl slap her, after she(my daughter) told her (snott) the her hair was pretty.

WTF???

Whats wrong with telling her that her hair is pretty.. Anyways the little girl didnt like my girl because she didnt dress as good.

We were on a budget.. I was married to a security guard.

Sorry bttt

• Jahna
    Jahna

I had pretty much left at this time but I thought I would give it another shot. Figured the cold shoulder I always got was the congregation, wasn?t Jehovah?s people all about love?

I went to the Memorial in the United States. Other then feeling terribly guilty for thinking about missing this event, it was a good enough place to start fresh, as you know this event is where everyone jumps on any new face right away, at least that is what I was expecting. I got there, bible and song book in hand, sat down and no one said a word. All I got were strange ?who is that? type stares.

Finally at the end, and me close to tears, one lone sister said hello, are you new? (Catch phrase for ?do you need a bible study?) I said no, I am visiting from Ontario Canada. She said, ?where is that?? ?Know Buffalo NY, go north.? She said that is nice and moved on while mumbling something about hope to see you again. (I wasn?t available for a bible study so I wasn?t worth it.)

Other then me being floored about the lack of general knowledge of North American geography (This was Philly btw) it pretty much confirmed everything. The total lack of any real desire to know anyone not in the in group was alive and well. Brotherly affection, I still am waiting to see it.

It took all I had in me to go, as at this time every time I went near the KH I would burst into tears, this experience didn?t make it any better. This was the last time I went to the Kingdom Hall for any meeting.

My next experience with any witness came when I moved back home to Canada and met up with a sister who used to go to my book study at the bank (she was the teller, I was the client). She took one look at me and snarled. Mean and rude doesn?t begin to describe it. (I am not disfellowshipped) It took all doubts from my mind about what brotherly affection exists. There is no excuse to treat anyone in a business setting this way, disfellowshipped or not.

What amazes me is that for a group who never took the time to know me while I did attend, they sure had enough ?truths? about me afterwards. I only wish I did half of what they say I did. It?s so nice to hear so many ?stories? about your life, and you can not remember any of it.

Jahna

• new light
    new light

Jehovah's Witnesses Suck!

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

At least they said hello, people. I always thought that I was invisible. In fact, I told my husband that I must be invisible because I can have people standing right next to me carrying on a conversation and not even look at me or smile at me.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The warmest conversations I ever got was when the KH biddies mistook me for the visiting speaker's wife.

• new light
    new light
    I told my husband that I must be invisible because I can have people standing right next to me carrying on a conversation and not even look at me or smile at me.

It never ceases to amaze me how the "happiest people on earth" can be so heartless. Out in the real world, people this cold are few and far between. Typically, they are in a bad mood, shy, or upset with you personally when they act this way. In the dub world, you could be getting the cold shoulder for any number of reasons, and they even feel OK doting on someone while ignoring you who is 2 feet away.

The JWs have so many enforced ways to show "love", that there is not much room left in their hearts to actually care for people. In my experience, I was amazed at how much lighter and freer and happier I became after scrapping these ridiculous requirements. Now I have a big heart. I hated myself for years because I did not feel love or do anything good for others, I was emotionally isolated from everyone around me. The answer was so simple.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

A story comes up my mind:

My family had moved hundreds of kilometers because of my job and we joined a new congregation. I was a MS back then.

Only a few months after us, another couple had moved in. He was an Elder and both were pioneers in the past. It happened that we were all in the same CBS.

I was surprised when a sister of our CBS approached us and the rest of the congregation in the KH to sign a welcome card for the couple which said: "We are so happy to have you with us". I said (half-kidding): "Hey, I will not sign this before I got mine."

She replied I should not be so sensitive.

We never got anything. Hurt my wife more than me. When we moved away after five years my wife told me that she never felt welcome there.

We again moved far away and have not set our foot into a KH again.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Hmmm... ahhhhh memories.

When I was going through an awkward stage... my teens... well, actually late teens... hell ALL of my teens, and THEN some...

I became introverted. This was before I had my own car and could drive. My mom was the 'driver'. We would get to the hall... I would 'disappear' to a safe corner of the hall.

After the meetings, I would go to the front of the hall - and stand alone, waiting for 'the signal' from a family member that we were leaving. No one ever bothered to come up to me.

The little kiddies who liked to play on the stage would gleefully refer to me as 'The Zombie'.

I got the third-degree once... no, not by the elders, but by my OWN family, after we got home from one meeting.

One elder - an old family friend, decided to try to 'push the envelope' so to speak.

Him: "Hello, Jim." *looking down*

Me: :Hello." *looking down*

Him: "How are you?" *looking down*

Me: "Fine." *looking down*

Him: "That's good." *he walks away*

The reason that I got the third-degree? My family members all saw me there - solemnly speaking with this chap. They just KNEW there was more to it than that.

The round-table third-degree - at home - went on for about 30 minutes that night.

I made SURE that I didn't talk to too many... I couldn't take too many of those sessions.

Regards,

Jim TX

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Once I went to a meeting after a particularly hard day at work. The PO comes by and says:

PO: "Hi Walter, how are you"?

Me: "Pretty good, a little tired".

PO: "Just leave it at 'pretty good'. We don't want to be negative, do we?"

Then he walked away.

It makes me wonder how I lasted 20 years as a JW. I should have had a clue about them within the first couple of weeks.

Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit