I have been feeling down....

by New Castles 19 Replies latest jw friends

• New Castles
    New Castles

Im not feeling the greatest lately. Looking for some comfort on the only place I feel theres people who understand me. The last few months have been the most enlightening in my life, showing me that I can be myself, and think for myself without being opressed by a religion that obviously does not care on how their people feel. Getting through to my family has been terrible, and recently I have begun to feel what its like to be shunned. I am unhappier than I've ever been in my life. It feels as though nothing is right, not my family life, not my economical situation, not my job....the list goes on forever. Why is that?? Is this part of the transition?? I dont know whats happening...HElp!

• FMZ
    FMZ

I went through the same thing for a while. It's tough mate, but you can get through. Bow your head, say a prayer, and be the best person you can be, it will soon come to you.

FMZ

• Bryan
    Bryan

I would say yes. This is part of the transission. If you are shunned it may be like family members and friends dying. You may ned to morn this loss. Though I was dealing with more that just shunning, it took me years to get out of my depression.

If like me,you have been in the Borg for years, it will be like starting your life all over again. Which can be a great thing! Being older and having more experience, you can choose the people you would like to be around you. I found spending my time with positive people was a huge help.

It takes time and I'm sorry you're going through it. But, in time, you will look back and thank yourself for being strong. And most likely, feel sorry for your loved ones still blinded.

Stiff upper lip! Get to gym or start jogging. It helped me.

Bryan

• exjdub
    exjdub

New Castles:

This is a very normal stage of the healing process which many, including myself, have gone through. One day you will look back and understand that it was a necesarry part of your personal growth. It does get better. You have changed your life in a major way. Like all life changing events, it is unsettling at first, but it will pass.

exjdub

• desertflower
    desertflower

So sorry you feeling so bad right now, but like the rest have told you it will past.

My husband and I have been out for about 4 yrs. The first year all we could do was be depressed. We had been in the WT for 47 years and coming out none of our wonderful friends even tried to get in touch with us. I have a daughter that will have nothing to do with us 2 others that keep in touch, 1 son that tries to stay in touch. All I could do was cry, cry ,cry. Then I went on depression pills and now I cry no more. So many here talk about older ones won't leave because of leaving all the friends and have to make new ones. They are not really friends to begining with IF they were they would want to know what happened to you.

Just wanted you to know that my 71 year old husband just started to drive trucks, and he loves it. Sure takes your mind off from losing all your wonderful friends. Soon as school is over (I'm a crossing guard) at a buzy school I'm going with him. We are both looking for all the beautiful places that we will see. You have to do something to keep going. At our age we are doing what we want too now.

I really hope you find some peace and be as happy as you can. I still believe in God and more than ever Christ Jesus. So be happy. Best of everything to you.

Desertflower

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a rough time of it. I haven't been through the shunning yet but I dread it. You try to tell yourself the disfellowshipping dog & pony show is just emotional blackmail and you can try to be objective about it, but I'm sure it's sometimes impossible not to be overwhelmed by that feeling of loss.

I'm starting to feel like I've been dealing with a jealous lover all this time, instead of a religion. They are so desperate to keep you, they use every trick in the book. Even when you're an active Witness in good standing, they treat you like they know you've been looking for another man... So many underhanded tactics to keep people distracted or scared, it's unbelievable. I hope when my time comes to go through this, I can remember this and it will be easier.

Most people here could tell you that all of this will get easier if you give it time. I know it's frustrating when it seems like nothing in life is going right, but go easy on yourself and try not to beat yourself up over the other stuff, the money & job problems, and try to remember it's never easy leaving that "jealous lover" behind at first, but you're going to be much better off in the end.

Hang in there,

IAGN

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

NC, I think it is a part of the transition, just as alcoholics go thru the DTs and heroin addicts go thru withdrawals. In time, you'll regain your compass, choose a new direction in life, and set about on your new journey.

Having goals helps me, even if they are short-term goals. It's something to focus my mind until I can set a long-term goal.

• New Castles
    New Castles

Thanks to everyone for their words. I definitely feel better knowing there is someone willing to listen. I understand that this will pass, its just tough to go through it right now. Thanks again!!

• kls
    kls

New Castle, you have just found out what the jws are all about ,in it self that is hard to take. You will make new and different friends, the shunning is showing what real friends you had being a jw. You are looking at life different being out of the org. you have changed and that maybe reflected on others,just remember you have had the courage to get out of a controlling cult that has controlled your life,your thoughts. Give it time ,and give yourself the satisfaction of knowing how strong you really are and you are free.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Castles....You are such a sweet person. I am sorry you are going through a hard time now. Things will get better. Keep your chin up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit