Were You Ever Hauled Into The Library By The Elders...

by exjdub 38 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ahhh, the library!!! From what I've seen, the library is used mostly by elders seeking to consult the "bound volumes" to make sure they are getting the judicial regulations right!!!

• blondie
    blondie

The elders were afraid to be in the library with me.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, back in my day, they didn't use the library. They had a little room in the basement with a sofa and a couple of chairs in it. It was used as a mother's room, and also for dispensing discipline. It was known as "the red room" - synonymous with bloodletting. I paid one visit to the room in my youth, for a minor infraction. Ironically, it led to my being put on restrictions, which prevented me from auxiliary pioneering. Only once in my life did I ever plan to aux pio, and this stopped it. Who knows where I would be now, if they had just minded their own business.

Another piece of irony that strikes me as I write this, is the room called the "library". It consisted of about 50 books, all of which are slanted toward pseudoknowledge. I have more books, and books of a more scholarly nature, on my headboard, and I would never call my bedroom a "library".

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The library is where I had my one scary encounter with the elders, on whether I was trying to secretly discredit the Society.

• Mary
    Mary

I had my ass hauled in de Li-bary once cause they heard I swore alot. I said "Get the f*ck outta here, who said that?!! They're full of shit whoever told you that........rotten bastards!!

hahahahaha........obviously I never really said that, but yep I was spoken to about swearing..........ya, bite my ass you bunch of alcoholics. One of them eventually got DF'd for adultery - the one who was sooooooooooo offended by my swearing.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

When honey-bunny and I were first dating, I went to one of the elders who was a pretty cool guy ( I thought) and informed him that I had a "worldly" boyfriend. I did this so it would be out in the open, and I wouldn't feel like we were sneaking around. He did not say too much, just that he was worried this wasn't the smartest path for me, I thanked him, and that was the end of it... I thought.

2 weeks later, after a Sunday meeting, I went back to the library to use the phone to check if my mom needed any groceries before I started the long drive home. When I turned around, 2 elders were standing there silently watching me. In the doorway, so I could not get past. When I tried to leave, they pretty much insisted I stay, and then they read me the riot act about worldly men ( even telling me that my boyfriend would, more than likely, rape me if I refused to sleep with him. Cuz that's just what worldly people do, of course.). They insisted I leave him that very day. They brought out the scripture about how going back to sinful ways is like a dog returning to its own vomit. "Excuse me....Did you just call the man I love vomit?" That's the last time I confided anything to an elder, and the last time I let them corner me in the "library".

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I was for gossiping.

I wasnt even!

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

For watching a rated R movie with some witness friends while I was a MS. I guess someone felt guilty about it

• mustang
    mustang

Thongs or panties?

Mustang

• benext
    benext

When I reached puberty and started letting a little hair grow on my chin one of the elders "mentioned" it. I said I would cut it but he and another brother insisted on talking to me anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit