Can you figure this out?

by Fe2O3Girl 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Thanks to Elsewhere and New Light for the solution - I'd have never worked it out...............

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

I thought it would be much more complicated. That caused me to have some problems the first couple of trys. Funny how the human mind works. Bug

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Ha Ha I got it the first time, then I played 6 more times to be sure, I had it figured out. I was feeling pretty good about myself, until I scolled down and read this ...

It had taken Dr. Duke well over a year himself, and he would always explain that the smarter you were, the longer it took to figure it out.

• FMZ
    FMZ

lmao XJW...

FMZ

• greven
    greven

I had it in one go, but suspected it to be more complicated so i checked several times.

This does not mean I am incredibly stupid ofcourse. It is more a difference between thinking abstractly, mathemetical or more visually. My first question basically was: what is The Rose? if you thought the answer was a computation then you think abstractly. I approached it visually and hit upon a shape rather than a figure. Now stating that visual minded people are less intelligent than abstract people would be silly. The fact that it took the dokter a year doesn't make him a genius either. it tells us how we approach the world, how go about solving questions: starting simple and gradually more complicated or the other way around... I kinda think the docter was hurt in his pride and that hy he stated that if it took you as long as he did then you really must be a genius...LOL So rest assured XJW-B12...

Greven

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Thanks Greven. I feel better now ... I think !

• catchthis
    catchthis

You do have to "dumb-down" a little to grasp the puzzle. With these types of puzzles, you always should read carefully the title or rules closely. In this case, just the word "around" should give you something to go on.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    OK, it's just a game. Like the description below the game says, the smarter you are, the longer it takes to figure out. People just tend to overthink this one, whereas a child without years of math classes might find the answer easily. Actually, if someone told me a 5-year old invented this game, I'd believe it.

Yup... I started out doing a complicated analysis of the game. Then I re-read the instructions and it said that the solution was very simple and based on simple math. Then it suddenly occurred to me: Count the peddles around the rose.

The name of the game tells you the solution!

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

my iq must be gone

i had to look at elsewheres answer

• Undecided
    Undecided

It was simple, except I never saw a rose. A dot just doesn't look like a rose to me.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit