MILITARY DRAFT COMING BACK IN 2005 - STOP BUSH NOW

by cbew 39 Replies latest social current

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

So now what, vote for Nader?

• talley
    talley

cbew, the 'media are strangly silent' on this subject on purpose because it is a Democrat Party proposal that would be very unpopular, thus would possibly effect the re-election of Dems. in the House and Senate. The media never does any unfavorable mention of the Dem. party.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

LOL! Don't you remember the Clinton era? Wasn't the media all over the Pres for his infedelity? Didn't they cover his impeachment trial? The news media likes scandal, whether its against dems or reps

• blondie
    blondie

The president has minimal influence on what laws are drafted or passed. If you are really worried, check with your representative/senator and register your opinion with them.

Sheesh

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Just because someone proposes a bill doesnt mean it becomes law. Hello people, get help.

There will be no draft. The US is going to close its bases in Germany which will free up 100,000 people.

Relax, drink a beer, or even better, drink some Rum.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

listen, lets say there's going to be a draft, the simple answer to stopping it is for everyone to tell your goverment to ***k off and dont join.

• Larry
    Larry

Congressman Rangel wants to bring back the draft so everybody will serve in the military equally, without favoritism to the rich and famous. Or in his own words:

"to make it clear that if there were a war, there would be more equitable representation of people making sacrifices."

The people he represents in his district are affluent & middle class Americans. I don't know if you noticed but Harlem is by no means a ghetto these days.

Peace (wishful thinking) - LL :)

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    True the legislation was introduced by the democrats but I have a strong suspicion that the Bush team is strongly behind it and endorsing it.

Well, by God if you have a strong suspicion is MUST be true!!! LOLOL!

• cbew
    cbew

Wake up people. Look what's happened to this nation in the last 3yrs since 911. We are living under more scrutiny than ever before. The bill of rights have been eroded and nullified by the passage of the Patriot Act. Our homes are open to search and seizure and American citizens can now be detained indefinitely on just suspicion of "terroists" activities. The next step is the draft which is coming. OK I have said my peace - I will say no more but don't say I didn't tell you so.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Since the Democrats are so fond of comparing our present involvement in Iraq to Vietnam (a very faulty comparison, imho), I might also just point out here that it was two Democratic administrations that got us involved in that fiasco, with the aid of a predominantly Democratic congress. The president who finally did get us out was a Republican.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit